- advertisement -

New dex software!!!!!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Megnyc, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/fd...eas-algorithm-2014-11-06?reflink=MW_news_stmp

Single digit MARD! I'm hoping they find a way for kids to also get it.

ETA:

“Patients will be able to go online and download the software, or they will receive the software preloaded onto their Dexcom receiver with new orders,” said Terrence Gregg, CEO, Dexcom. “This latest software enhancement to the Dexcom G4 Platinum will make the performance level comparable to episodic blood glucose finger sticks; this is a significant step in the evolution of CGM becoming the standard-of-care over blood glucose meters for people with diabetes.”

2. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

3. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

Isn't this great?!

4. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Has anyone with a pediatric receiver tried to download yet? Will it yet you?

5. mamattorney

My guess is it won't let you because there is some kind of log in that you have to do and Dexcom knows who's got a pediatric receiver and who doesn't, but you can't do it in the middle of a sensor session anyway and I'm not giving up the current sensor to try - we just started a new one yesterday. By the end of the next 7 days, I'm sure someone else will have tried and I'll know the answer. I have heard that it wipes all your info from your receiver, so if you upload to Dexcom Studio - do that first before you download the new software.

6. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I called Dexcom and they said it will not work on pediatric versions ones. Which is what they are sending out now if you are under 18.

7. mamattorney

BTW - Dexcom earnings call this afternoon (4:30ET) - maybe they will discuss the pediatric situation

8. hawkeyegirl

We still have a old receiver, along with our new one. Hopefully it will work on the old receiver.

I wonder if pediatric endos could prescribe a non-pediatric receiver off-label? It's all so stupid. The only difference is that stupid warning screen.

9. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

First under 55 alarm with new software

[​IMG]

I'll give it time but so far I'm not impressed :( Also, see the gap in data? That is from ???. I very rarely have issues with ??? if I am not super high or super low.

10. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Agreed. Let us have the software, keep the screen. I know it's all FDA blah, blah, blah. But really. I'm tempted to fire up the old receiver to see if it still has any life left in it, download and swap out.

11. hawkeyegirl

We downloaded it to our old receiver last night. It was only one night, but we got much better accuracy than we usually do on night 1 of a sensor.

12. katerinas

katerinas Approved members

Sooo got really excited stopped sensor did the download and... got the there are no available updates for your receiver!! We are in Europe and I must say the accuracy is really really good but I never thought I would have the NEW sotware since last year that we got dex.

13. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Things have improved for me. I changed out the sensor that was causing issues yesterday since I was sick of the endless ??? and the wire was all twisted. I put a new sensor in and it has been within 5 points at all tests. I woke up at 97 and the sensor said 95 so I was very happy. I am pleased :)

14. Junosmom

Junosmom Approved members

We have a non-pediatric G4 for our son. (At least, I see no warning screens that people have said are indicative of a pediatric version.) I have gone to the website and it requests patient information. It then says it can't do it - I'm guessing because it requests his birthday and they know he's pediatric. So, those of you that have successfully downloaded to older non-ped receivers for your children, did you fudge the birthday?

I'm on Nightscout, so I don't lilke to wait :)
    #wearenotwaiting

15. Junosmom

16. katerinas

katerinas Approved members

What exactly did it say? For me it took all the info ( I put his correct date of birth) aploaded it and in the end said 'there are no available updates for your receiver' is that what you got?

17. hawkeyegirl

I'm pretty impressed with the new algorithm. One area in which the old one was lacking was that it was extremely sluggish to recover from lows. The new one does much better in that regard, in our limited experience with it.

18. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Unfortunately we got to test that out last night too. And yes it was much better.

19. Junosmom

Here's what I've learned from the Nightscout (CGM in the Cloud) FB page and by my experience:
    1. You cannot update the pediatric version at this time. If you get warning screens that says something like "do not use the CGM to make decisions - you need to do a blood drop with a meter", then you have pediatric. You can also look at the user manual. Our version is not pediatric and they did send non-pediatric receivers out to some. If you get a new receiver in the future, it will likely be pediatric if your child is <18.
    2. You can tell if you have the latest software by going to the setting screen, page down to the SW number, and if it ends in 505, then you have the latest software (again, only for non-pediatric version).
    3. If you try to go to the main website and download, it will ask you to enter user information. I was trying to put in my son's name, etc. One member commented that they put in their own information as they were the account holder and it worked, you could try that. Putting in my son's info gave me an error message.
    4. The link I sent above bypasses the need to enter any information. It will directly download the application file for updating the software.
    5. It will wipe all your data - upload data to Dexcom Studio before proceeding.
    6. It will require you to restart or insert new sensor, so best time to upgrade is when you are doing this anyway. If you are using Nightscout, the wiping of data will mean NS will not work for 9 hours as you build data.
    7. To install: You need to hook your Dexcom into the computer using the USB/micro cord and then, after it downloads the file, click to start installation. When that was complete, I had to go to C;//program files/Dexcom/Dexcom Update 4.0.0.51 and then click on Dexcom.FirmwareUpdTool. It should be self-explanatory from there.

His sensor is now 14 days old, and I'm going to continue to go with it until it needs to be replaced. (This particular sensor has been off by 20 the entire 14 days, just one of those that never really read well.) At any rate, we are updated and later, I'll try to write back if I have any issues or how it is going.