- advertisement -

New Cozmo loaner policy

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sammysmom, Jun 30, 2008.

1. sammysmom

sammysmom Approved members

Cozmo has a new loaner pump policy. If you want to take a loaner pump with you on vacation you will be charged $50.00. If you do not want the charge you can place your name on the vacation list and if your pump happens to break a new pump will be shipped to you OVERNIGHT at no charge, including the weekends, as long as your name is on the list.

I spoke to cozmo and my rep this morning and they both said it was because every loaner pump that is sent out, when returned must go through a recertification process, whether it was used or not. This should cut down on some costs for all of that.

I am actully Ok with this policy as long as I know a new pump will be overnighted at no cost. I am also glad to know that every pump that goes out is recertified when it is returned.

shannon

2. Big Hair Momma

Big Hair Momma Approved members

Thanks for posting this. It's good info to have as we get ready for our summer vaca!

3. Twinklet

Twinklet Approved members

Ah, thanks Shannon! I wonder if they'll overnight a new pump on a weekend if you're on vacation?

4. sammysmom

Yes they will as long as you are registered on the vacation list.

5. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

actually I have a loaner coming to me today and there's no charge.

but I must have gotten in under the wire because there's a new loaner form online and it says this:
    That sounds like cozmo's same lousy shipment policy to me. There's no guarantee there that it will come overnight - even on weekends.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  6. sammysmom

i just got wind of this after we got back from vacation. We took a loaner with us and when I returned a 9 days later the letter was here. It is a very new policy and cozmo is just starting to send the letters out. I am guessing I got my letter because I requested and was approved for a loaner pump 2 weeks ago.

7. Mom2rh

Mom2rh Approved members

We just got under the wire with this too...they tried to deliver the loaner on Friday....but it's coming today. I'll try to keep someone home to get it.

For me the toss up will be which costs more...the shipping or a vial of lantus. How long does an unopened vial of refrigerated lantus last? Anyone?

8. sammysmom

You will not pay for the shipping if you are on the vacation list. You will only pay if you want to take a loaner, in hand, with you on vacation. Actually the overnight shipping (if you are on the list) is just the same as with any company. It depends on the time you call and where the distrabution center is. It will usually be overnight or sometime the next day. I guess if you are close enough, it may even be the same day!

9. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

An unopened , refridgerated bottle of Lantus will be good till the experation date.
    The 28 day count down starts after the bottle has been opened. Toss after 28 in fridge or out if open.

Not that I followed those rules to the letter when I was on MDI:rolleyes:
    If it was working, I used it till it was gone.

10. skimom

skimom Approved members

Just thought I'd throw out there that we have had 3 cozmo pump failures since mid march (motor issues) Getting new pump delivered to our door within 8 hours has been painless and free- the bigger issue for us is getting the American office to tell the Canadian office what was wrong with those pumps - my theory is we have some type of programming virus that is being passed from pump to pump when they are replaced as they have all had the same error which is supposedly rare. I don't mean to hijack your thread , but has anyone else had issues like us? For my daughter we are on pump 4 since October while my son has had his pump replaced once in 4 years! aargh!

11. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

#1 you're lucky to get your pump in 8 hours. When ours broke last summer I couldn't get a call back on a friday afternoon for HOURS - like 4 hours before someone called me back and by that point it didn't get shipped until Saturday and I received it monday - unless I wanted to pay $325 for sunday delivery. Had they called me back on friday afternoon I might have had a chance to have the pump arrive on Saturday. So getting a pump in 8 hours is remarkable.
    #2 that's pretty scary about the motor issues. That's bad.