- advertisement -

New Animas 2020-screen scuffed already

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kiwigal, Mar 2, 2010.

1. kiwigal

kiwigal New Member

Hi there,

We have just received our upgraded Animas IR2020 after having two IR1200's develop cracks in the battery housing area. My son has been wearing the new pump for about three hours and it has developed what looks like white scuff marks on the screen. In the Upgrade information booklet it mentions the new factory installed plastic display lens protection film that is not to be removed. I have tried gently rubbing the marks to see if I can remove them but have had no joy. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it normal and just to be put up with? I would appreciate any input regarding this.

Suzanne, New Zealand. Mum to Michael age 14, dxd type 1 age 4, coeliacs age 5. Pumping nearly 8 years. Mum also to Daniel 16 and wife of Paul.

2. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

So this one has the new screen protector on it? I wonder why that can't be removed and replaced.

3. Mistync991

Mistync991 Approved members

it is permanent ...says do not remove or it could affect waranty

we had a horrible time with this before these screen protectors ..now we have one that has it and it has gotten a scratch but much better than before the new screen..any time it gets scratched up to where its hard to read the screen i call and have a replacement sent out ...so far no problems doing that i just tell them i cant read the screen

4. Colleen

Colleen Approved members

5. Jacob'sDad

Jacob'sDad Approved members

The last one we got has the permanent screen protector and it hasn't gotten scratched yet. It's 1000% better than the old screens.

6. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Perhaps yours is defective - I would ask them to replace it.

7. mamort

mamort Approved members

8. badshoe

badshoe Approved members

This took some Zen work on my part.

Brand new pump and the kid comes walking abound the corner pump dragging by the set line. Screen scuffed.

It is there to move insulin not look good and it her body it is attached to not mine.

9. Gracie'sMom

Gracie'sMom Approved members

We had a Zagg screen protector, use them for a bunch of our devices, last time we ordered the one right from Animas . . . removable, replaceable like Zagg but much cheaper and has lasted a long time.

10. Seans Mom

Seans Mom Approved members

Sorry I'm so late in seeing this. I don't know if you've figured out or resolved the problem yet but I can tell you our experience with Seans 2020.

We got his first 2020 in March of 2008. The day after pump start, I pick his pump up to bolus him and the screen had white scuff marks. I could barely make out the numbers to give him his bolus and was so disappointed that it looked like that from the start. How would I be able to use it like that for 4 yrs.? I took a wet cloth and tried rubbing it. Nothing, didn't do a thing. Darn !!!
    After a bit I got to thinking, and took a cleaning cloth I have that uses only water and very little to clean windows, mirrors, etc. So I got it out, dampened it, wiped his pump screen and lo and behold it all disappeared !! I was overjoyed. Turns out it wasn't scratches... it was paint. :eek:
    He has done this many times since and now I know what it is and how to remove it. He would walk close enough to a wall to swipe his pump on it and the paint would end up on his screen.
    If you haven't found the problem yet or traded in the pump for another, try to see if it's paint scuffs.
    Of course, ours doesn't have the screen protector and we have had to have one replaced for true scratches. The one he has now is looking pretty rough and we have 2 more years on the warranty. :rolleyes:

11. angelmum

angelmum New Member

Hi,
    We also use a 2020 since october, but in the uk:D. Ours originally came without screen protectors, but have recently received a pack with a silicone skin, and more importantly 3 free screen protectors, and application solution (newer pumps apparently have them already fitted).. They are a complete nightmare to apply,:mad: probably why they say to leave them on! (they are not like the screen protectors you get for phones/games consoles that peel off after a while.. they STICK!). It took me ages to do it, and its still not perfect, but hey.. at the end of the day, its nothing that will affect the working of the pump I guess!

anyway... Would it be worth you contacting animas to see what they advise? They may say there's nothing you can do, but may also have a suggestion for you, or offer to send replacement screen protectors or pump? If its anything like our support here in the uk, you should have no trouble getting advice and help.

Can I ask you how your childs pump gets worn for sports? My son always clips his onto his trouser waist, but he then has a tendency to hold it when he runs! (which can be a bit awkward at times.. especially when he's meant to be using his hands!). I know they do a sports pak thing which is meant to hold it still against the body, but I'd rather not fork out for one at the moment!

Hope you get the scuff sorted (or learn to live with it, if not!)
    x