- advertisement -

Needle Aid

Discussion in 'Other Diabetes Products' started by Venita and The Boyz, Jul 22, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Venita and The Boyz

Venita and The Boyz Approved members

I hope this is the right folder in which to post this request. If not, I hope an administrator will move it to the right place.

I am the Director of Diabetic Cats in Need. We are working with an elderly woman with a newly diagnosed diabetic cat (his name is Tucker). We have tried to teach the woman to give Tucker Lantus insulin from the Solostar pen with a screw-on needle, but because she is blind and has crippling rheumatoid arthritis (having no sensation in her hands), she is unable to administer the insulin. The biggest problem is that she cannot insert the needle cleanly and straight.

We continue to investigate alternatives and found the Needle Aid product. Unfortunately, the manufacturer is no longer selling the product (although we have an email to the manufacturer to see whether it might have one left over).

Would someone here have a Needle Aid that is no longer being used and that you would be willing to donate for us to see whether it might be the miracle product that would solve this problem? It is possible that someone bought the product for his/her child and once the child became more experienced injecting insulin, s/he is no longer using it.

We are trying to keep Tucker at home with his 87 year old caregiver. They are truly the world to each other. We have a foster home that we can move Tucker to, but until we exhaust all our options, we are trying to avoid taking Tucker from his Mom, even temporarily.

Thanks so much. :cwds: You can respond here or email me at Venita@dcin.info. (I am not sure how to give or receive private messages here.)