- advertisement -

Need Ya'll's Help For And E-Mail Campaign Idea

Discussion in 'Teens' started by LadyBug, Nov 26, 2009.

1. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

Hey! I'm getting a bit of an early start getting ready for this year's Walk(It's in March:p:D) and I've been toying with the idea of an e-mail campaign for months. The general idea would be to modify a walk letter to put into the body of the e-mail and then get quotes and pictures from some of the kids/teens I know with diabetes and put them either at the bottom of the e-mail or in a YouTube video(yet to be decided. Mom's worried about safety, I'm worried about reaching the max amount of people:eek:), kind of as a 'These-are-the-faces-of-diabetes' thing. So I was wondering if ya'll would do this to help me out? If not, I totally understand, and I was thinking we'd just do first names, max. It's still in the very early planning phase, so it might not even happen, and the involvement of the other kids/teens is going to be strictly what they and/or their parents are comfortable with.
    Basically, I want the question of "what's the wost thing about diabetes/what do you hate the most/etc" answered.
    Thanks!

Anna

2. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

Sorry, I'm a little confused. Do you want us to answer the question, or send you pictures of D related things? In any case, I think this is an awesome idea, I hope you follow through with it! :)

3. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

sorry! I wanted a picture of you and then the answer to the question. the idea was to put as many faces and emotions/thoughts to diabetes to make it more real for people who may not know anyone personally with D:cool:

4. mustangamanda8

mustangamanda8 Approved members

this is an amazing idea! i think it will catch a lot of peoples attention, and my and my family are more then willing to help in anyway!

5. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

Okay, so I finally got permission from mom to do this. So I'm going to start working on it.
    What I think I'm going to do is take the picture and put current age and diagnosis age on it and then have the slide following to be the quote. Anyone who is willing to help, PM me with first name/picture/quote/ages. If you don't have a picture or quote right away, that's fine, just PM anyway so I can get a rough guesstimate on how many people I've got.
    Thanks!

6. cam42

cam42 Approved members

great plan!!

it sounds like a good idea! Id love 2 help but my parrents say i cant put my pic online:mad:. u can put my name in though, Its Campbell or Cam for short. :)

7. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

know the feeling, it took me forever to convince my mom to let me do this. would your parents be okay with you giving me a qoute of your least favorite D thing?

8. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

9. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

What do you guys think of the e-mail?-

any ideas on what I could do different?

also, i've got to get this video wrapped up, so if pictures are too hard and you'd like to help, i can do just a quote;):cwds: