- advertisement -

Need some ideas please :)

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KitKat, Jun 17, 2009.

1. KitKat

KitKat Approved members

We are having a booth at our local Regatta race (hydroplane boats) and 100% will go to finding a cure. The problem....I have no idea what to sell!! Right now we are going with water, and pop but would like your imput....

Thank you

I also posted in OT but thought I would put it here also because some may not look over there.

Any advice would be great.

2. Charliesmom

Charliesmom Approved members

Small bags of chips?

3. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

sunblock
    chapstick
    unbrellas for the sun hats
    kid freindly drinks

healthyer variety of snacks

4. Gaia

Gaia Approved members

Mini -subs - use whole wheat or grain rolls. Leave off mayo, oil ect so they can be added by customer. Make a whole sub, cut in half and sell halves. ( I thought of mini subs when I saw it was a boat race lol)

Sugar free baked goods

Make awareness bracelets in JD colors. Braid them like friendship bracelets.

Get plain sun shade hats ( the ones w/ the brim) and use fabric paint to put an awareness message ( something short - support JD research or something similar or just the JD ribbon? )

5. Jacob'sDad

Jacob'sDad Approved members

How about Kit Kat bars?;):D

6. KitKat

KitKat Approved members

I like this idea!!!:D

7. Logansmom

Logansmom Approved members

There was a good coupon on coppertone.com. Use that to get free/cheap coppertone sticks at WM and target and it will be almost 100% profit

Look for things you can get almost free with coupons right now, that would be the best scenario for you.

8. goochgirl

goochgirl Approved members

Can you get some shoes from your JDRF chapter?

9. Mom2Will

Mom2Will Approved members

If you are able to have electricity, sell hot dogs. I help with a scholarship fund raising booth every 6 months and hot dogs sell like crazy. We cook ours on a George Foreman but you can always cook them in a large crockpot. We usually are able to get donations from local grocery stores of the hot dogs, buns and ketchup and mustard.

When is the event? I'm coming that direction July 1 and need to make a trip through that nice town of yours!

10. KitKat

KitKat Approved members

The Madison Regatta (Hydroplane boat races) Our town in beautiful.

11. pdxmom

pdxmom Approved members

I agree with a previous poster, get some paper sneakers from your JDRF chapter to sell. That way if people dont need a drink, snack, etc they can still make a donation!