- advertisement -

Need input on lancet device

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Andy'sMom, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Andy'sMom

Andy'sMom Approved members

We really like the One Touch meters, but the lancet devices are terrible! Every single one we've had has broken. We complain and they send us new ones, but same problem. We like the old ones that were full length, but all the new ones seem to be the "short" version. I'd love to hear from anyone that likes their lancet device and what they like about it (aside from the fact that no one actually LIKES using them :cwds: ). also, if your insurance covers the One Touch products, will it also cover a lancet device from another company?? Thanks in advance!!

2. Snowbound

Snowbound Approved members

The long blue one is the only kind our son likes. We recently started using the Bayer meter that links to his pump (and requires less blood :cwds:) but he still insists on using the old one touch lancet, which doesn't fit in the new meter case very well.

3. Zoe'sMom

Zoe'sMom Approved members

We use the accu-check Multiclix and love it.

A while ago we were using the OneTouch meters, along with the OneTouch lancing devices (both the short one and the long one, didn't care too much for either). But then I read here about the Multiclix, called Roche, and they sent me Aviva Nano kits which contain the Multiclix. I fell in love with both the meter and the Multiclix.

We will soon be upgrading to the Ping and since the remote/meter is a OneTouch, we'll go back to OneTouch strips, but we'll keep on using the Multiclix for sure.

Roche told me that the Multiclix doesn't come on its own, but just call them and they'll send the kit for free (you don't need to use the meter though).

4. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Maddie actually likes her Pelikan, as much as one can actually "like" a poker :p. But insurance doesn't cover the lancets and it's clunky so we only use it at home.

http://www.pelikantechnologies.com/

5. wilf

wilf Approved members

We use the Accu-check Multiclix, and in my view it is the best product out there. DD has tried others from time to time, but loves it and so do we.. :cwds:

6. Kirsten

Kirsten Approved members

Another vote for the multiclix. We love it!

7. Charliesmom

Charliesmom Approved members

And another vote. His fingers look so much better after switching from the One Touch lancet to Multiclix. Our insurance doesn't cover the it, though.

8. Snowbound

Snowbound Approved members

How does the drum work. Do you get just one use out of each lancet? With his current device I just change the lancet ever couple of days.

9. Kirsten

Kirsten Approved members

You twist the end to advance the drum when you want to change the lancet. it isn't automatic.

Kirsten

10. Lee

Lee Approved members

Another vote for multiclix here - we actually had a coupon for the meter it came with, so we spent $5 and got the multiclix and a back-up meter...

Snowbound, you get to actually change them when you want...we go a few days and swap over to a new one, so a drum lasts us a long time! (yeah - I know, I know - but I am a follower of change your lancet when you change your clocks :eek:)

11. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

With the drum, you have to advance the drum to get a new lancet, so you can do that as often or as little as you like.

I like the Multiclix but Alex likes the 1 Touch one...I think b/c it's smaller. He doesn't change the lancet often enough to find the drum special!

12. Mom2Will

Mom2Will Approved members

Ditto, as much as I hate to admit this :eek:

We do have one for school and the school changes the drum at least once during the week. I think there are 5 or 6 lancets in each drum?? The neat part about the multiclix aside from less pain is that you never see or touch the sharp unless you are the one being tested.

13. melissajm

melissajm Approved members

Two votes for multiclix here.

14. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

I highly recommend the Multiclix. Not only does it have the drum with multiple lancets, but more importantly, by design, there is never an exposed sharp and thus there can never be an accidental stick.

15. chbarnes

chbarnes Approved members

The Multiclix is good the Pelikan Sun is outstanding (we carry ours in a small camera case with other supplies). You may be able to get reimbursed by insurance by submitting your receipt. The company only sells this device and doesn't submit insurance claims.

Chuck

16. fdlafon

fdlafon Approved members

We also use the multiclix

17. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

Another multi-clixer here too.

And we are also in the naughty brigade that changes the lancet when we get round to it.

(Tyler usually feels when he needs a new one. In 1 yr of using it I have only bought 2 packets of 4 drums and we still have 2 drums left, so maybe another 6 months or more of use before a new pack needs to be bought! I know, I know, we are terribly terribly naughty!:eek:)

18. Mom2Kathy

Mom2Kathy Approved members

Multi-Clix here too!

We have probably 30 boxes of drums...it'll take us a year to go through that many! Kathy hardly ever advances the lancet. I try to do it everytime I check her meters. And when I put a new drum in, I "punch" it so the yellow button is ready, that way when she goes to use it, it is already on a new one. Once it's on the last one, I'll replace it for her.

19. Andy'sMom

Andy'sMom Approved members

Great feedback you guys!! Looks like we're off to try the Multiclix!

20. debbiefran

debbiefran Approved members

I used to use the one touch brand and found that it was too painful for my DD.. I like the accuchek softclix lancet devise..
    The one that i prefer is the one that has the individual lancets not the drum style... I prefer the kind that you change out the lancet everytime...

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009