- advertisement -

Need help with Precision Xtra Ketone strips

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by buckmarko, Mar 13, 2012.

1. buckmarko

buckmarko Approved members

I took my Rx to my pharmacy to get the Ketone strips my Endo prescribed. The tech wasn't able to find it in her system. I took it to CVS, and according to to Abbotts website, CVS sells them. She told me if I had the NDC number off the box, they would be able to help me better. So I'm asking if you have a box of Precision Xtra Blood Ketone strips, would you look at the the bottom of the box and tell me the number is? I don't know if it says NDC or not but maybe it is the bar code number? Or should I just call Abbott? Thanks for any help.

2. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Reorder No: 70745-35 (from the bottom of the box)

ETA: Oops, as Caspi provides below the number is NDC: 57599-0745-01. It's on the BACK of my box, at the bottom. Woulda' bit me.

I was able to get them from Walgreens, so I know they're in *that* system.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  3. Deal

Deal Approved members

Interesting that they would ask you to look up their codes. You have a prescription with a product name. The rest is what their dispensing fee is suppose to pay for. I wonder how deep their incompetency runs? I probably wouldn't stick around to find out and instead just find a new pharmacy.

4. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

i've heard of a couple large chain pharmacies that can't or won't sell the blood ketone strips. I know i tried to get them from rite-aid once and they didn't have them, and wouldn't order them for me.

I've had better luck getting the blood ketone strips from the smaller local pharmacies. They seem to be more willing to order the strips if they don't have them in stock.

5. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

What Chris said.:)

Our big chain pharmacies (CVS, Walgreens, Rite-Aid) all use the same wholesaler, who apparently doesn't play nice with Abbott. We have a small independent pharmacy that uses a different wholesaler, and they get them for me.

6. caspi

caspi Approved members

The NDC Number for the Precision Ketone Strips is: NDC: 57599-0745-01.

7. caspi

caspi Approved members

It is not uncommon to have issues with the blood ketone strips. Unfortunately, most pharmacists don't know anything about them and then trying to file it under insurance is another nightmare. That is why the NDC number is so important.

8. buckmarko

buckmarko Approved members

Thank you Christina and Becky. I was able to get them filled. I can pick them up tomorrow. I appreciate it!