- advertisement -

Need help with Cleo insertion please!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kimmcannally, Jul 20, 2010.

1. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

Jackson likes the Cleo set but isn't happy about the insertion process. I want to make sure I did it right and get any tips I can about how to do it before the next site change. :eek:

I took off the white end cap, made sure the adhesive was on the end of the applicator and pushed it into his skin. I held it in that pushed in position for 5 seconds.

Then I pulled it out and attached the tubing.

Question: Do you have to keep the needle pushed into the skin for the 5 seconds or can you let the needle retract and just hold the set/adhesive section against the skin? I think that was his problem - having the needle held in there that long. (of course with the inset, the needle is also in there until you remove the inserter, but there is no logic in him about this type of stuff) :rolleyes:

Anyone have any tips on the best way to insert the Cleos?
    Thanks!!!

2. spamid

spamid Approved members

You are talking about the straight in sets, correct? When we tried the cleos, we only held the applicator in until we heard it click, then removed it. Our only issue was the lack of body fat, the sites came out quickly.

3. lynn

lynn Approved members

With the Cleos you don't HAVE to leave it on the skin for 5 seconds IF you do a little trick I learned from somebody on here!

When you take the white cap off you will see the sticky part, right? Now find the little white dot on the sticky part that you are supposed to pull up at. Take the little tip of your finger and push down pretty firmly on the very edge at the white dot. Then pull up a little. That will release the sticky circle a little.

Now you are ready to "pop him", as Nathan calls it. You can pop the site in a take it off right away. The five second wait is so the sticky stuff will stay stuck on the skin, but if you do the trick then it stays right away!! I pulled off so many fresh sites before I learned the trick.

4. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

Thanks so much guys! I'll give the white dot tip a try ;)