- advertisement -

Need HELP! Name of cartridge that fits Medtronic but has leur lock connector?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kimmcannally, Dec 7, 2011.

1. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

I've been searching the web to find this item. I remember seeing it before. A friend of DD's has a Medtronic pump and has run into a BIG snag. She wasn't due for a pump by insurance until February, but apparently her Cosmo died, and Medtronic said they would just not bill the insurance until Feb. Now her parent's have a bill for $7K for the pump and Medtronic isn't shipping supplies because the insurance hasn't paid for the pump.

So she is looking for help. We have insets, but they won't fit Medtronic, of course. So I told her about those cartridges and am trying to find some of them on the web to help her out. I looked at 50fiftypharmacy but couldn't find them yet. Anyone know where I can get them?

Or failing that, does anyone have any Mios they can donate to her or I can trade something for? She is such a sweetheart and we love her. I hate to see her have to go back to shots.

2. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

3. kimmcannally

Thanks! And I finally found them on fifty50. Just didn't know what I was looking at :rolleyes:
    Now I have to find out if she has a Paradigm pump or another type? I don't know anything about Minimed. I thought I might surprise her with a box of cartridges and a box of J's insets.

4. Style mom

Style mom Approved members

There's only one type of Medtronic pump being sold per country - in the U.S., it's currently the Paradigm Revel. Regardless, all MM pumps use the same reservoirs and sets.

5. kimmcannally

Great, thanks for the information! I'll text friend and let her know :) She is beyond thrilled to be getting some infusion sets. :)

6. lizzie

lizzie Approved members

You can also order the minimed luer lock cartridges through the animas website.

7. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

Minimed used to be leur lock, but those would be pumps bought back in 2000 or 2001 at the most recent.

8. kimmcannally

Her pump is new this year, that's all I know other than it's a Minimed. I'm sending her a box of insets today - would anyone happen to know if the animas cartridge would work in the minimed? She wants to try it but I don't want it to ruin her pump!

9. lizzie

lizzie Approved members

They definitely will not. That would be so convenient if they did!

10. kimmcannally

Ok, thanks. I won't send them then, I don't want her to ruin her pump by trying them out. At least we can get the cartridges that will let her use insets!

11. Style mom

Style mom Approved members

Yeah, they wouldn't ruin her pump, but they just flat-out wouldn't work, The setup for reservoirs is just completely different for Animas and MM pumps.

12. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

Nothing, as far as I know, will fit in the Paradigm MM pump EXCEPT MM products. Insets won't work.

13. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

14. kimmcannally