- advertisement -

Need help. MAC using copilot with VMWare

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by buckmarko, Aug 30, 2012.

1. buckmarko

buckmarko Approved members

A friend very computer savvy upgraded my MAC computer and installed windows xp, Microsoft office, and installed copilot and the Dexcom software. When I opened the software, it had me choose MAC or Windows, I chose Windows. I plugged in his PDM. It did its thing and stated USB identified, ready. So I chose download Omnipod. I got the little bar showing it was reading. Then another little window opened saying it timed out waiting? Went through this a couple of times. No luck downloading. I also tried to download glucometer. Walked away frustrated. I tried again last night after ds went to bed. I thought maybe it needed to be suspended to download, so I did. Something happened, and I got the death scream from the PDM, saying call customer support. Somehow, the error that occurred, deleted EVERYTHING on his PDM! I lost all of it. Settings and all. Thankfully I had written down his settings not very long ago. I had to change his pod after he was asleep. I felt so bad. What did I do wrong? Any helpful suggestions? I really want this program to work. They don't seem to be syncing.
    Thanks.

2. momofone

momofone Approved members

This exact thing happened to me using Parallels. I've heard of some people successfully using Bootcamp but I was told by Omnipod that the PDM isn't Mac compatible, AT ALL. As in, don't even plug it in, otherwise what happened to you and I will happen.

3. moco89

moco89 Approved members

It does not work on VMware or Parallels because of driver incompatibility.

It is Abbott's fault.

I am sure it works on Bootcamp but it may take awhile to properly setup.

4. sheeboo

sheeboo Approved members

Bootcamp is a nightmare. We ended up getting a hand-me-down PC from a friend for the PDM and Dexcom.

5. moco89

moco89 Approved members

True. Even a cheap netbook would work.

6. momofone

momofone Approved members

Dexcom works fine in Paralles for us.