- advertisement -

need gift ideas...

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by zimbie45, May 3, 2010.

1. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

Ok all.. SO my nephew is graduating from High school in a week or 2... And he has already enlisted in the army and will be leaving for basic in August... I have very little money to spend .. BUT I need a good idea for a graduation gift.. Any suggestions?

2. Brynn

Brynn Approved members

I always give the Visa gift cards, especially for boys, they are so hard to shop for. :rolleyes:

3. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

visa card is a great idea, he'll have to buy some basic stuff to go to bootcamp, at least my hubby did and he was strapped for cash before he went in-like white undershirts, white briefs, razors, etc. If he's responsible he'll spend it on that lol.

4. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

its just hard because im strapped for cash.. He is also turning 18 on the 23 of this month.... He already lives the life basically.. He is an army brat ( i mean that in a good since ) his Step Dad is in the army and they have lived all over the world.

5. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

Maybe you could do something from the heart...a memory book with send off messages that you collect from family members and quote in the book, along with some pictures. I know it sounds a little girly, but he may appreciate it once he is away for a while. You could do it in a military or camouflage style to make it more manly...

You could throw in a calling card if he needs that too.