- advertisement -

Need advice for ped. endo. appointment

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Babybee, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Babybee

Babybee Approved members

Squee, Karla! Yay!

Ahem. :) I had a conversation with our insurance company this morning and the only ones that are in-network are Riley's and four others in Evansville. I'm going to call them while we're driving up to Indy tomorrow to see if any can work him in. They also have a problem with Riley's labwork, saying that it's out of network and they'd rather him go to a Deaconess lab, so we're going to discuss that with him as well, if none of the others will take him or can't work him in until after February or so.

You've all given me a lot of good advice, and I've discussed it with my husband. We're going in with a lot of questions for him and suggestions about how he needs to either tell us some things we can do or help us figure out what we're doing ourselves. I really like the suggestion of a CGM for a week or so to show us when it is we're going wrong or if there's just something that's not quite high enough.

Another poster here had a thread on how the A1C is like a report card that you're afraid you're going to get lectured over and that's precisely how I feel. I dread going in the morning because I just know that it's going to go badly and I'm either going to get angry or cry...or both.

2. lilituc

lilituc Approved members

Just a question - have you ever tried using a different meter?