- advertisement -

Navigator Info - 4 what it's worth....

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by Mike&Dans.Mom, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Mike&Dans.Mom

Mike&Dans.Mom Approved members

When the kids went to camp in August I spoke with a Abbott rep who told me a few interesting things.

We talked about the manufacturing process, and she pointed to three long folding tables and said that the area was no bigger then that and only a handful of people assembled them:eek:

She also told me that she thought that they would have the new ones out in November - they said December so they could have some extra time if needed.

TAKE THIS INFO WITH A GRAIN OF SALT!!!!!!:cwds:

2. selketine

selketine Approved members

So what "new" ones are the new ones?

I think Abbott will come out with something but I don't know what - probably the 1 hour start up version they have in Europe and Israel.

I'm just wondering whether they redesigned it at all to make it less fragile.

I can absolutely believe there are 3 guys sitting at folding tables in a back room gluing these together - like little kids with their airplane models. That is about how well they are put together. Sniffing the glue the whole time....:p

3. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

This is what I was thinking too;)
    I would love to know what Minimed and Dexcom's production room is like.

4. chbarnes

chbarnes Approved members

of course, Abbott is a huge corporation. But it doesn't surprise me that the Navigator is hand-assembled in a small space. There are lots of medical device companies that could be completely contained in your basement. Some of these businesses have larger convention displays than their corporate offices.

Chuck

5. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

Me too, but I do know that Dexcom's sensors are also hand assembled... so I would imagine it is similar.

6. Diana

Diana Approved members

The MM rep just told me their sensors are hand assembled also.

7. Mike&Dans.Mom

Mike&Dans.Mom Approved members

I just figured how many can they make in one day???? No wonder there is always a production problem!!

8. BrokenPancreas

BrokenPancreas Banned

I wonder, are those folding table people out of work now?;)