- advertisement -

Navigator died 13 months into use

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by Twinklet, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Twinklet

Twinklet Approved members

We'd been having some trouble with the transmitter eating batteries like candy for a few weeks, and then the receiver suddenly being super slow to respond when buttons were pushed. It finally just up and died.

We used it intermittently for 6 months and continuously for 7 months. This is the ONLY issue we've ever had with it. No sensor errors, nothing!

But now that our study is over we can't get a replacement. :( They did send in a request to our insurance company, so we'll see.

We have an appointment tomorrow to test the Dexcom 7 for 3 weeks. I REALLY miss that Navigator! I definitely don't sleep as well at night now. It was so incredibly accurate for us.

Here's hoping our insurance will pick it up!!

2. Mama Belle

Mama Belle Approved members

Good luck with the insurance, Andie! I am really sorry it died! Ours died not long ago and we've been really missing be able to use it while replacement units were on back order. Hopefully it will be approved quickly and you guys can start back up. Can you use any of the documentation from Emily's numbers pre-Navigator and Post-Navigator to help make your case if needed?