- advertisement -

Nauseous/sick occasionally

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by momofMEN, Oct 14, 2009.

1. momofMEN

momofMEN Approved members

I never thought to ask this question her before: Emilee seems to get nauseous/sick to her stomach every few weeks..maybe four weeks or more...I haven't kept a record of these events but I think I need to.
    Have any of you had children who were nauseous/sick but it went away within a few hours. She did have an episode of appenditicis a year ago...but after some heavy duty antibiotics, it cleared up.
    I feel bad for her when this happens. She missed seeing her friends when we were visiting London, ON (where we used to live) because she kept throwing up (we ended up in ER) but she was fine the next morning. I am wondering if it could be related to her cycle.

2. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Maybe it could be her cycle. Has she been checked for endometriosis?

It could also be BG-related? Do you know if they were high when she felt like that? Ketones can cause nausea, tummy aches.

3. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Has she been tested for celiac?

4. momofMEN

hmmm...no she hasn't been tested for endometreosis or celiacs...never even thought of it! I will have to look up symptoms...we know several people who are must eat gluten free. She wasn't high when she had these episodes. She did have large ketones once but her sugar wasn't really high (around 10mmol/L 180 mg/oL).

5. momofMEN

Okay..having said that...is there somewhere on here (read: trustworthy...as opposed to aimless searching the web) that has info about celiacs. I have seen stuff on here before but dismissed it assuming that she didn't have it. I know some of the symptoms..but do they come and go? Would she only be nauseous sometimes? Any help would be appreciated!!:)

6. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

7. Gwyn

Gwyn Approved members

This has happened to DD. She had a stomach bug this week and also couple weeks ago. Last fall/winter she was sick about 3-4 times with this. No fever, no one else got sick and it's fairly short lived--about half a day or so. She tested negative for celiac last year, but I have been wondering what is going on.

8. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

I was wondering if it was related to her cycle as well. I used to have cramps so bad I'd throw up, if I didn't get to the Advil in time.

9. momofMEN

I mentioned it to her doc and he is going to test for Celiacs when she has other labs in a month...another thread I have on here tells about her kidney issues..

10. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

Westin has had bouts where he feels sick at the same time of day, every day for maybe a week. Sugar was good. We just made sure he ate before that time and it seemed to help. (shrug)

11. GAmom

GAmom Approved members

Is she skipping any meals? I know when I was a teen, if I skipped a meal, b'fast or lunch, I would get nauseated and sometimes threw up. Of course, my friends who did this had no problems.:) I'm asking, cuz it's kinda a "teen" thing to do.

12. momofMEN

No she isn't skipping meals...I am going to start writing down every time this happens. I think I will get her to write down every thing she eats. (I am doing WW so she is familiar with all that! She did it for awhile and lost 20 pounds)

13. GAmom

GAmom Approved members

Is she dizzy too? I ask because my dd has been having dizzyness daily, sometime w/ upset stomach/nausea. We are in the process of getting that checked out(celiac- GI/cardiologist too).

14. candise

candise Approved members

My kids have similar symptoms with reflux. They never had the symptoms that I associated with reflux. You might look up the symptoms of reflux and compare with your daughters symptoms. They take Prevacid solutabs and they work great. My nephew who is college age was just dxd with reflux as well- his symptoms were so different from my kids it is an easy diagnosis to miss.

15. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

Westin has been feeling yucky all day. He will eat and feel better and then a few hours later it comes back. He does have reflux. Could that be what is causing this?

16. AmyMcCracken

AmyMcCracken Approved members

My youngest daughter has problems feeling sick or throwing up. We were finally able to determine that she has a reaction to the fluoride compound in a specific brand of toothpaste. It aslo happens with a specific brand of milk. It could be caused by anything, writing down what she's eaten when she feels sick might help you track down the problem. Good luck.