- advertisement -

Nausea, diarreah and fever. Flu indicators

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kiwiliz, Apr 29, 2009.

1. kiwiliz

kiwiliz Approved members

Just making sure everyone knows that these are also indicators of the new flu. They can be in conjunction with standard flu symptoms - or on their own - but nearly always characterised by a sudden high fever.

2. 2type1s

2type1s Approved members

Tammy...you know they closed Harding High School due to suspected swine flu?

3. Lee

Lee Approved members

I hope he feels better! I admit, I am not panicking yet - but my worry and concern are elevating! Just the thought of the sick time, the cost of the dr's, possible hospitalizations, and rx's is enough to make me want to run and hide, then I think of me and my kids being so sick...just makes it worse! I admit, I am not really worried about us dieing - but more about the illness and the cost!

4. candise

candise Approved members

Funny- I feel the same way about the cost. I just got the hospital bills (pre insurance payment and discount) for my 6 year old having a nasty stomach virus a few weeks back- she stayed 4 days in the hospital and the grand total is $23,000. Our portion will be at most $3500. It is crazy to me- thank goodness they take payments