- advertisement -

Naturally Sweet Sisters Intro

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by NaturallySweetSisters, Sep 30, 2011.

1. NaturallySweetSisters

NaturallySweetSisters Approved members

Hello! My name is Amy and I am a mom to two little girls diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. The last time that I posted on here was in 2009 at Christmas time when we thought our oldest might have T1D. As it turned out, she did but was diagnosed so early that it actually took about six months for her to start insulin. Both girls pump with the Animas Ping using Apidra and are on DexCom CGMs. We continue to look for newer technology that helps the girls acheive a higher quality of life. We also stay very active with JDRF and ADA to help spread awareness and to raise $ for medical research (we look forward to a CURE!!!)

Since the dxs, the girls are doing really well. Our family is adjusting and I finally am back to blogging. If you would like to read about our adventures, I invite you to visit www.naturallysweetsisters.com

Thanks and nice to re-meet everyone.

2. 2type1s

2type1s Approved members

Hi, nice to re-meet you! I have 2 daughters with D, too! I agree....hormones are awful!

3. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

Very nice blog. Welcome back. :)

4. NaturallySweetSisters

NaturallySweetSisters Approved members

THank you!

Thanks for the warm welcome back:)

2type1s -I noticed that your youngest was dx with Hashi's as well. So was ours at age 3. She just had a big growth spurt and a dosage increase on her levothyroxin. Just curious as to whether or not you have had to deal with increasing dosages very frequently? This is the first one in almost 1.5 years for us.

Jordon, thank you for the positive encouragement on the blog. I have been having fun doing it. Sort of like free therapy.

Amy
    www.naturallysweetsisters.com