- advertisement -

Mystery Rash?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by cgbphp, Oct 17, 2011.

1. cgbphp

cgbphp Approved members

My son started pumping last monday and on sunday I noticed a rash raised red welts about the size of a dime acrossed his shoulders and down his back. Was wondering if the rash could be related to something we are using with pumping or if it is diabetes related at all? I put hydrocortisone cream on the rash and it didn't help at all. No fever he has a runny nose but no other symtoms

2. selketine

selketine Approved members

That sounds like hives - an allergic reaction to something. I don't know that it is pumping related at all - could be food or something that came in contact with the skin.

If the welts persist I would take him to the doctor - or at least call them. Any new foods?

3. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Keep in mind the adhesives that are used on the sites and the preps.
    Hopefully it's not either of those.

4. cgbphp

cgbphp Approved members

I considered the preps and adhesives but i figured a reaction to those would be around the site and there was no rash around the sites. Is it possible a reaction to those wouldn't be around the site? And no new foods