advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MySentry - MM CGMS users

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by hawkeyegirl, May 10, 2009.

1. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Did you all see this on the focus groups offered at FFL this summer?:

It is possible that this means they expect the product to be released by then? Are they allowed to show products that are not through the FDA approval at FFL? Could it finally, finally, finally almost be here?!

By the way, I sent an e-mail to Medtronic asking about this. I expect to receive a non-answer shortly. :p

ETA: I like the sound of display units, plural. I wonder if you could buy an extra display unit for the nurse's office at school?!

2. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

I emailed MM about this last month, and they confirmed that it is called the Sentry, and was in clinical testing this Spring at certain locations in the US. Did not hear when they plan to release it. It can not come soon enough.

3. dqmomof3

dqmomof3 Approved members

I would order it on the SPOT if they had it available at FFL! I'm sure they won't, but I'm excited that they're having a focus group on it anyway. Definitely one I'll attend.

4. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

That would be awesome if they had it for the FLL! I did sign up for that focus group.

5. 2ladybugs

2ladybugs Approved members

I'll be in that group as well! :cool:

6. Logansmom

Logansmom Approved members

I wouldn't even wait for insurance to clear, I'd pay OOP for that in a second.

7. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I haven't heard back from Medtronic yet, but my rep e-mailed me back. She didn't have any new information besides that they are having a national sales rep meeting at the endo of this month, and maybe she'd know more then.

8. dqmomof3

dqmomof3 Approved members

I'm signed up for that focus group too! Can't wait to meet you guys!!

9. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

Updates?

Has anyone heard any updates about this coming out? Has it made it through the trials? Is it available in other countries?

10. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Awesome! Maybe they are close. I did go to a session at FFL once from Dexcom that talked about stuff they were thinking of designing.

11. emm142

emm142 Approved members

The OP was over 2 years ago. ;)

12. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Wow! I didn't see that just previous post bumped it up. oops

13. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

We were told yesterday it may be out within weeks and the Enlite following that. I hope it's true!

14. JackyH

JackyH Approved members

A speaker at a Medtronic AP information session recently didn't say outright but led us to believe that it was coming VERY soon.

15. Style mom

Style mom Approved members

I don't have any firsthand knowledge about when MySentry will be out. I do know that the Revel has a menu option for "Other Devices" which leads me to believe that MM anticipates that it will be compatible with MySentry (as opposed to us having to wait for the next gen pump to be released.)

My rep told me in 2008 that she expected it before the end of the year, so I'm very jaded about these sorts of rumors.

With respect to Enlite, MM just got clearance from the FDA to do IDE studies, so I don't think it's anywhere near approval in the U.S.

16. Yellow Tulip

Yellow Tulip Approved members

I talked with one of MM Reps last weekend, and he said MySentry is coming out VERY soon, they're hoping by the end of this month! I'm trying not to get too excited, but I can't wait!

17. Style mom

Style mom Approved members

It would really be nice.

I wonder if they've talked to insurance companies about coverage for it. I assume so. I can't imagine that most folks will be able to pay for this thing OOP. I wonder if it will come with the "standard" MM CGM "package."

18. bradclark

bradclark Approved members

At this point, I'd be willing to pay a fair amount OOP if we could get rid of the annoying and less than effective baby monitor solution! On the other hand, it does seem a bit ridiculous to have to pay for a solution to a simple alarm volume problem (especially given that the alarms won't even wake Hayden up when it's strapped to his side!). In the end, it's probably my biggest gripe with the whole package and, like I said, I'd be willing to pay for a solution at this point.

19. Ali

Ali Approved members

They may charge a good chunk for it but I would not think that the actual hardware/software is terribly expensive or complex with todays electronics.:confused:But i am often wrong about this stuff. :pAli

20. Jilleighn

Jilleighn Approved members

rumor has it that they should be out in the next couple of months. i have heard they are training staff on it now