- advertisement -

my thoughts on the MySentry!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Jilleighn, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Jilleighn

Jilleighn Approved members

copied for my facebook status!

My thoughts in the MySentry over night... Wow! It is nice to roll over and see a blood sugar on the screen. A little tiny tiny tad bit bright even on the lowest setting but that is completely void when you look at what it tells you! I did not have to get out of bed 1 time to go look at her pump to see her blood sugar! This morning it alarmed 1 time 7 am and it is loud enough to wake you up! Eric got up went down stairs to clear her pump (meter bg 1hr) and the sentry's alarm was cleared. Basically you can silence the alarm on the sentry for the time being but as soon as alarm sounds off again on pump the sentry alarms! Clearing alarm on pump clears the alarm on sentry! Even my husband was rolling to my side of bed to look at the screen to see her blood sugar! I heard a couple of "cool" in there too. My bedroom is upstairs (2nd floor) and Loren's us in the main floor (1st floor) never ever once a weak signal. To be honest I didn't stare at it all night like I thought I might! I actually got some rest! I think what helped a great deal was the volume of the alarms! I knew it would wake me up and it did at 7. Although body is still tuned in to wake up every 2 hours to get up and check, but I just looked at the screen! So my thoughts... Love it

2. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

Yay! Does the outpost have a battery option?

3. Jilleighn

no there is no battery at all on the display or outpost all is done with it being plugged in. However the out post is small and easy.

4. betty6333

How long is the warranty? Did you get a chance to ask if it is 4 years like a pump or more like their transmitters which are only 6 months or a year? I don't remember what mm transmitters are I just remember talking with people about the warranty because of how short it is.

I am assuming since the sentry is plugged though it wouldn't run into charging issues, but a 4 year warranty would important since they are asking so much and I couldnt buy this every year if we spent that much and something were to happen.
    If people buy the revel at the same time would the warranties be up together and people just be replacing the transmitters when they die for the 4 years?

5. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

I thought the Sentry only worked with the Revel. Is that the same as the 523?

6. betty6333

Her signature might be old? She told me she uses the revel now

7. Jilleighn

the 23 series is the revel pump, they have the 523 revel which is the smaller one and the 723 which is the larger revel pump.

8. minniem

minniem Approved members

The Revel is the same as the 523 (that's the same pump we use.)

Glad you love it. It sounds really cool, I just hate the price tag! Thanks for updating us!:cwds:

9. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

Thanks for the update!

I asked our rep and they said the warranty period was 1 year.

10. slpmom2

slpmom2 Approved members

Thanks for the report! MM is submitting it to our insurance, so we'll see what comes of it. Sure would beat the baby monitor we currently use!

11. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

I thought Medtronic would not submit the paperwork to the insurance company but that you would have to ... with the insurance kit they provided ... good to know that they will!!

12. timnshann

timnshann Approved members

I'm so bummed it doesn't work with the Guardian Realtime:(

13. piratelight

piratelight Approved members

This is what Medtronic told me when I called too. Guess I need to talk to them again about this.

14. KyleBugsMom

KyleBugsMom Approved members

Thank you for the review! If Kyle tolerates the insertion of the GGM (we are doing a test with it Tuesday) I think we will go forward with MySentry. So glad to know it is THAT awesome!

15. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

We have used the mySentry now for 2 nights and I LOVE it!! We have found the range exceeds what Medtronic list as range ... it shows her numbers anywhere in her room not just in bed. Also, our monitor is in our bedroom which is quite a distance (ranch house) from her room and we have had, so far, good reception. Also, it picks up her pump 20 feet or so away from monitor in bedroom. However, if she rolls over onto her pump, then it goes out of range as her body is covering the pump.

Hopefully, insurance co. will cover it ... but it is definitly nice to have!!

16. Jilleighn

Lisa- I move the monitor (our portion) into the kitchen during the day so I can see it there and not in my bedroom!!

17. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

Good idea! Wish we had this when we started CGM!

18. chrissy92972

chrissy92972 Approved members

I know they are advertising the mysentry for the revel, but will it work with the minimed 522?

also did anyone get insurance to cover this yet?

Thanks!
    Chrissy
    mom to Ryan Minimed 522 and CGM age 9 diagnosed May 2008

19. Style mom

Style mom Approved members

I do not believe it works with either the 522 or the Guardian.