- advertisement -

My Sentry question

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by acoppus, Mar 16, 2012.

1. acoppus

acoppus Approved members

We will be getting the MySentry this week. We will be putting the outpost in my son's bedroom an the monitor in ours. My some is 3, and sometimes ends up in our bed during the night. If he is too far away from the outpost, will the monitor pick up the readings in our room?

2. Williamsville mommy

Williamsville mommy Approved members

I think he has to be with 6 ft of the outpost..don't quote me but I think that's what I remember them saying

3. 4MyBoys

4MyBoys Approved members

We have had our Mysentry for a couple of weeks. The monitor actually works as an outpost as well. It will pick up his pump if he is within 6 feet of it. You can just leave the outpost in his room and the monitor will pick up in your room. -Allison

4. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

WSS^^^ he is within 6 feet of the monitor OR the outpost you should be able to get readings!

It is nice! We used the sentry for a week , and IMO if you are using the MM sensors with the revel, I recommend the sentry. Seeing the numbers and info without having to bother your child is awesome!!!

5. acoppus

acoppus Approved members

Thanks everyone! Exactly what I needed to know!

6. KyleBugsMom

KyleBugsMom Approved members

Both the potpost and monitor can read the CGM. They do not have to be within 6 feet of the outpost/monitor for it to read - just for the initial set-up. It seems to read even when my son is in the den, which is at least 15-20 feet from either.

Just a note of things I've noticed. mySentry would not connect as long as we had his baby video monitor connected. Apparently they are on the same wavelength. We had to scrap the baby monitor. YDS's audio monitor does not appear to affect it. Also, our iPad causes interference. If the iPad is near the monitor/outpost or between DS and the monitor/outpost, we lose the signal. It reconnects as soon as we move the iPad. My iPhone does not appear to affect its performance.

Just a few toubleshooting ideas. We were SO frustrated the first few days until we figured out why it wasn't working very well.

7. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

My wife went on a road trip yesterday with Emma, and I put a power inverter in the cigarette lighter, plugged in the MySentry and voila! She could see Emma's BG on the screen in the seat next to her while Emma sat in the back seat.

8. acoppus

acoppus Approved members

This sounds like something we need! We make 6 hour trips to my parents house. Where do you get the inverters?

We got the MySentry today. We put it in our upstairs bedroom, and already got readings when Tyler was outside! I already like that I don't have to chase down an active 3 year old every time I want to see the readings.

9. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

You can get the inverter at just about any electronics store and even Walmart, Target, etc. It just changes the cigarette lighter into a standard outlet.

10. acoppus

acoppus Approved members

Thanks! Looks like I'm going shopping tonight!

11. Nevaeh's mommy

Nevaeh's mommy Approved members

I love that idea!!! We have the MySentry and will be starting soon! Sometimes Nevaeh falls asleep on a long drive and I feel the need to pull over and check her BS but now I will just glance over and see it!!! Thanks for sharing!

12. acoppus

acoppus Approved members

I'm excited too! We are going from Ohio to Pennsylvania next month, so will try it out then. It will be so much more convenient to look at that, then trying to get through all the buckles on the car seat to look at the pump!