- advertisement -

My neighbor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by KitKat, Feb 16, 2009.

1. KitKat

KitKat Approved members

Some of you may remember my neighbor and her constant issues. (i.e. lawn clippings etc)

Ok, well we had the ice storm, then the wind storm. We lost some pine tree branches in the back yard. Some did fall on her property and cause some minor damage to her fence. I called our insurance company and they said it was her issue. An Act of God and she would have to pay. After talking with her she confirmed her insurance company said they same. So, she tells me she has to take care of it and she isn't happy at all. She also states her insurance company will give her 150$ to clean it up.

So, today, I come home from school and I have a HUGE pile of tree branches, limbs and tree debris in my backyard. SHE THREW IT OVER AND DRAGGED IT ONTO MY PROPERTY SO I WOULD HAVE TO CLEAN IT UP.:eek: She says I should have to pay someone to clean it up not her.

NOw, if this lady was not such a witch......I would be more than happy to help but DANG!!!! I am so mad!!! Am I being ridiculous here!!! So, she is pocketing the money and I have to hire someone to do it.:mad::mad::mad:

2. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Does your city/town/county have any sort of board that hears "neighbors" disputes?

By insurance standards, she IS responsible for cleanup/repair caused by an act of God. Throwing on your side of the fence is an act of another sort altogether.

Unless she saw you under cover of darkness up in the tree pre-cutting the branches so they'd fall her way should an act of God occur.

What a beeyotch.

3. selketine

selketine Approved members

We have an office in our city that deals with issues like this. They will actually send someone out to investigate and all that. Anything like that where you live? I would guess it is illegal to dump stuff in someone's yard - whether it is tree branches or trash, etc. You could call the police (non-emergency number) and talk to them about it. If she filed a claim to her insurance about it, took the money, etc. then it is proof that the stuff was in her yard and she put it in your yard.

I think the point would be to get her to pay for someone to clean up your yard (she would have to pay).

4. Reese'sMom

Reese'sMom Approved members

Wow...that is one nasty neighbor! I would ask the police to come and take a report.

When we first moved into our home our insurance company had to end up paying a very large claim to our next door neighbor because of root damage one of our trees had done to their foundation. Anyway...the damage had obviously taken place over a long period of time, but the prior home owners were uninsured and eventually went bankrupt...so they waited for the new neighbors/suckers (us) to arrive and pretended it had all just happened 2 weeks after we bought the house! Nice, huh? So, I guess the wind is different than the roots.

Good luck.

5. Bsbllmom

Bsbllmom Approved members

Well I might be wrong but if her insurance co. paid her $150 to get it cleaned up isn't it insurance fraud if she didn't do it and pocketed the $$?

Sorry you have to deal with a neighbor like that.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  6. etringali

etringali Approved members

If there is some sort of investigative group, reccomend you start documenting what you can. i.e. take pix of debris in her lawn after storm, and yours, and then pix of her "clean up" that ended up in your yard(obviously, this is moot now, but I'm sure there will be more storms in the future).

I'd probably put up a huge tall chain link fence with privacy slats just to piss her off. I can imagine she'd find that an eyesore. Sounds like she's a real piece of work.

7. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Do you know who her insurance company is? report her for insurance fraud:D Personally, the child in me, would throw it back on her property, and file a police report.. the adult in me, well, would probably resort to the child in me:D

8. BRANDYB

BRANDYB Approved members

I agree the bad part in me would throw it right back over. That is just wrong for her to do that.

9. Midwestmomma

Midwestmomma Approved members

I'd put on dark clothes...wait until all her lights in the house are off, sneak outside so quietly, AND THROW ALL the debris back into her yard.:D

When she comes over tomorrow morning to question you.....tell her it was another "Act of God" :D:D

I am so glad we live in the country and don't have neighbors for like a mile.:D I may just make mine mad. LOL LOL;)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  10. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

Loved your video. I can tell that you are not an unreasonable person. What a....something....your neighbor must be.

11. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

How do you feel about small claims court?

12. KitKat

KitKat Approved members

I appreciate your support. I am just so angry about this. We have lived in our home for 13 years and she has been there for 1 and it has been miserable. We get along with everyone but I think I may just have to put on my ski mask and my black cloak and move some limbs BUT they are huge. I don't know how she moved them!! We were gone all weekend with my show choir and Katie's gym meet. I think she had to have help or maybe a dump truck!!

I am going to talk with my hubby and see what he thinks too. I think small claims and a police report are in order.

13. BRANDYB

BRANDYB Approved members

With her sounding like such a witch I would be scared she would do something to my house if I went away. So if you went ahead and filed a report you can show if needed that she had been given you problems.

14. Zanesmommy

Zanesmommy Approved members

My husband said the same thing. Keep a log of everything, and pictures are a good idea. :)

15. BozziesMom

BozziesMom Approved members

Have you considered going out at dusk wearing a long black hooded robe with salt and a burning smudge stick and blatantly appearing to be warding off the curse that is her presence? You know... a little show. I actually did this once. Didn't have a robe though. Moved my mouth as if chanting while waving the smudge stick and sprinkling salt about... :rolleyes: It worked. Depends on your adversary I suppose.

But definitely file a police report and log everything. Then cast her out...

16. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

I could do this and might just do this just to freak out my own neighbors :D

17. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

My mother always taught me, don't get angry......................GET EVEN :D:rolleyes:

18. grantsmom

grantsmom Approved members

side issue...I never watched your video before. WHAT an inspiration. I feel like I need to do somehting like this in CA. I think I will PM you and maybe you can give me some tips on how to start...

As to your neighbor....wow is all I have to say. Is the wood good enough for fire wood? Maybe you could put an add in the paper and some family who needs wood for the winter would be happy to come get it for free?

19. BozziesMom

BozziesMom Approved members

I'd love to see that. :)

20. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

This might be a syupid question, but can you just cut it up and use it for fire wood?:confused: