- advertisement -

My Intro

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by KeltonsMom, May 13, 2008.

1. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

I am Teddi, Mom to Kelton who was dx'ed September 1st, 2003.

I was a single mom for a very long time, until Kelton turned 13. I am now married and have a bonus non-D son Nikolas who is 13.

Mark is my husband who I have been married to for two years now, he is retired Navy and is now a Defense Contractor for the Navy. He works long hours and quality time is spent on weekends.

I too have D, was dx'ed on March 11th, 2008 with LADA, but knew something was up way before then. It is just that all of the doctor's didn't want to give me an official diagnosis, until they had no choice but to.

I used to have a career in Law Enforcement, just wasn't for me..I am now a Nature Photographer and a SAHM and I fill out surveys online and get paid to do this (not a lot, but any amount of extra money is helpful).

I love to read, and I am a very reserved person and it takes me time to warm up to new people, but once I do, I maintain life long friendships with them.

My husband tells me I am too generous for my own good, but that is ok, it is better to be generous than to be stingy.

2. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

nice to meet you.
    It must be beautiful out there.
    The mojave? isn't that near the grand canyon?
    I went out there (grand canyon) few years ago-it was just amazing. I couldnt' believe those mountains-We left las vegas and headed to north rim, stoped by zion.
    want to go back.:)

3. KeltonsMom

I am in Southern California and the Grand Canyon is about 400 miles from where I live..

I am also about 3.5 hours from Las Vegas

4. jwk's mom

jwk's mom Approved members

Hi Teddi
    I have read alot of your posts since finding this sight. All your info has been very helpful.

5. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

Teddi, Thanks for sharing your info with us.. I hope that the washer situation got resolved.. And I hope you still aren't counting over there... :) I too work in law enforcement.. And my grandfather use to be in the navy..

6. KeltonsMom

I stopped counting when I reached 2300 :D Washer has been resolved and the drum will now be a fire pit :rolleyes:

7. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

LOL.. That sounds like a good number to stop at.. :) Well fires are nice too..

8. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

Hi Teddi! I can't get used to your new screen name! [​IMG]

9. Karenwith4

Karenwith4 Approved members

Photography is one of my passions. I'd love to see your work - do you have a public Flikr account?

We sound like we have a lot in common.

Karen

10. KeltonsMom

Here is a sample of my work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xQLpck0LZg

11. Karenwith4

Beautiful! loved the pigs

What camera do you use?

Karen

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  12. KeltonsMom

Your the FIRST person who has loved the pigs LOL..No one else likes them :confused: I personally love the piggies :D

I am using a Sony DSC F-717

13. Karenwith4

I loved the perspective on the pigs.

I have a Nikon d40 and I love it.

Do you sell your work?
    Karen

14. KeltonsMom

Your work is very impressive!! I love the sunsets!! Amazing photos!!

I am in the process of getting all of my inventory that are on CD's and back on to my computer so I can place them in folders. I need to separate them from the Florida photos, the Upstate NY photos and the California photos..I have been doing this a little at a time every day for the past 30 days and with thousands of photos go go through I am getting burned out :rolleyes:

I am trying to get ready for a showing this winter..I put my photography on hold for the past year and a half and a friend out of LA has shown interest in my work..I have so much to do and I am not sure if I have enough time between the home schooling and D care for both my son and I to get what I need done..

LOL sorry for rambling, I am getting close to panic mode over the pressure of the possible showing of my work :cwds:

15. KeltonsMom

When I lived in NY I had a lot of my work in a couple Art Galleries. But I have actively sold anything since I have moved

16. Karenwith4

Wow good luck with your show. I'm just a hobbiest but maybe one day.....

Karen

17. KeltonsMom

I was a hobbiest and what I did one day was to order mats for my photos and then took the photos to craft fairs, just to see what would happen..

I did not think anyone would buy any of my photos..Only one person did and she gave me her card and told me to call her, that she knew someone who had an art gallery..

I called her and she gave me the phone number to the art gallery, I called the woman who owned the gallery and made an appointment to go in with my portfolio.

She had me fill out an application and chose the pieces she wanted in her gallery..

Of course I was shocked and thrilled..

Your work in my opinion is so much better than mine..I think you should have some photos printed up and have them matted and take them to an art gallery and see what they say..

18. Karenwith4

Great story - and thanks for the encouragement.
    I think I am mostly lucky and it's a law of averages - take 100 photos, get 1 good one - lol.

Karen

19. KeltonsMom

I am the same way..My husband woke me up at 5 am one morning to take pictures of Redrock Canyon before the sunrise..I took 400 pictures and got maybe 10 good ones LOL..

This winter once all the rattlesnakes are in hibernation I plan on going back to some of the places around here and spending the day there trying to get some good shots..I would more than likely have to do this on my own, because whenever I take my husband or my son they get bored and want to go home in less than an hour :rolleyes:

20. KeltonsMom

Me either LOL..I keep trying to log in under desert eagle :rolleyes: