- advertisement -

My first temp basal....I have arrived!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sszyszkiewicz, Sep 16, 2015.

1. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

Yeah so DS is having one of those lowish kind of nights, now a week since we started pumping, and now after the 3rd Dex alert I did the unimaginable....I set a temp basal to 50% for an hour AND gave juice.

Cooking with gas!

Of course tomorrow i will still be tired, but what a rush at 210am!

2. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Doing two right now. Both girls decided to be low for no particular reason. Love that this is an option. May the force be with you.

3. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

I love temp basals! Great for middle of the night.

Beach Bum, I set two last night, too, but I shouldn't have. Kid alarmed, I checked Dexcoms, saw that DD was low so I juiced and temped her. Then went back to check the number on the other one because I remember what to dose DS for. Realized that I had reversed the kids....juiced and temped the kid that was 168 and almost bolused the kid that was low. So I canceled DD's temp and bolused for the 168 and the juice, then juiced and temped DS. Fun, fun, fun.

4. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Oops! Kind of like the time I fed the same baby twice, leaving the other one in the dust!

5. KHS22

KHS22 Approved members

Oh gosh, the two kids with diabetes, but be so hard at night… barely thinking… walking around with Juice! LOL

WE were temp-ing last night too!! Sometimes if we are having a low-ish night, I'll actually do "OFF" for a half hour or hour, to let her drift up!

6. msschiel

msschiel Approved members

Goodness! I can't imagine how hard it is to worry about two kids having D at night, especially! It is hard enough to remember with one kiddo. We are looking forward to the freedom that pumping will bring, but trying to learn and remember everything will be fun again!

7. dpr

dpr Approved members

My daughter caught a stomach bug and just hasn't been quite right since Saturday night. She's been running around a 65% temp basal pretty much since then. When she wouldn't eat and wasn't seriously low (70-80) I've had to go to zero basal just to get her back up. Temp basal is your friend!

8. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Hubby juiced the wrong kid this last weekend, she was headed south but above 85. the other was ringing 55. luckily I decided to test both and not go off the Dexcom.