- advertisement -

My Article in the "Diabetes Forecast"

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 1' started by Richard157, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Richard157

Richard157 Approved members

The ADA magazine, "Diabetes Forecast", is celebrating its 6o'th anniversary with the Oct. issue this year. They have an article on several diabetics who have had diabetes for more than 60 years and are doing well. I am one of the diabetics in the article. On page 60 of the issue is a picture of me and my write-up is just above my pic. I feel like a baby because the other diabetics in the article are all older and have had diabetes longer than me. Some have had diabetes for mor that 80 years. WOW!! I have a long ways to go folks and I am going to do it too. Here is the online write-up but not including the pics.

http://forecast.diabetes.org/magazine/only-online/long-live-living-long

2. T1Spouse&Proud

T1Spouse&Proud Approved members

Very cool Richard, congrats.

3. momandwifeoftype1s

momandwifeoftype1s Approved members

I saw it! I wondered it that was you! Were you sharpening an old fashioned syringe needle in the picture? That was a BIG picture. I was excited to recognize you from CWD.

Amy

4. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

I have the magazine sitting on my desk and there you were on page 3 and page 60. What an adorable little boy you were at age 6.. Amazing story..

5. missincali

missincali Approved members

Awesome, congrats.. cool to see you in there!

6. Richard157

Richard157 Approved members

Thanks!

Thanks ladies! On my home site there are people sending me their copies for autographs? :eek: My wife and I are still laughing but it is sweet. ;) Now I know what it is like to be a rock star. :D At least I do not have to go on tour. :p

Richard

7. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Richard,

I just received my copy of "Diabetes Forecast" and was so happy to see you on it.

I showed my DH (IansDaddy) the article and he was silent for a bit, then he said "Wow! They were diagnosed very young." I told him "Right, but look at how far they've come. So cool!" He said "Amazing!":)

You're our very own "celebrity":D!

8. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

Hey, I didn't know that was you Richard!!! :D Way cool!!!! I picked up the magazine just for that article last weekend browsing around Books A Million! Way to go!