- advertisement -

multivitamin

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mayousha, Feb 27, 2012.

1. mayousha

mayousha Approved members

hi moms, do u give to your dx children any supplements or multivitamin?
    i don't live in the us and i have a friend who is coming next week so i want to tell her to buy me some vitamin for my daughter so please help me with brand names.
    and i have another question, we only have here a 0.36 lancets so i will ask her to buy the one touch delica but i need lancets for the spare meter do u prefer 0.33 or 0.30 or 0.28
    thank u:)

2. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We definitely do multivitamins and a calcium supplement with vitamin D (we live in the northeast, so most of us up here are deficient).
    We use Flintstones brand, though we also use Target brand called Up and Up for multivitamin. It comes in chewable or gummie. This brand is less expensive. Walmart also carries a comparable brand too. As for calcium, we use Citrical plus D3.
    We use the Delica 28 in our lancer.

3. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

4. Deal

Deal Approved members

After dx we started the whole family on vitamin D supplements as per endo's recommendation. We use the drops presently.

5. Williamsville mommy

Williamsville mommy Approved members

Centrum for kids...
    Only 1 carb....

6. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

Ashleigh takes a multivitamin because she is vitamin D deficient. As for brand we just use a store brand of vitamin. The lancets Ashleigh uses the one touch ultra soft lancets. Not sure how big they are. I couldn't find the info on the box (it might be covered by the prescription sticker the pharmacy puts on it)

7. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

I'm not a big believer in Vitamins...But, I do want Seth to take fish oil pills.:cwds:

8. Jake'sMama

Jake'sMama Approved members

we do a chewable multivitamin and additional vit D in the winter. Good luck!