- advertisement -

Moving on from Cozmo

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by manwkids, Feb 12, 2012.

1. manwkids

manwkids Approved members

It is time to get a new pump. We have loved the Cozmo these last four years. I know that this question gets asked a lot, but for you who have already made the switch from the Cozmo to another pump I am curious what pump you have, why, and your results.

I know many of us have been very loyal to and love the Cozmo. That is one reason why I like the MiniMed as it appears to have software that most closely matches the Cozmore. I think that the idea of the CGM is entertaining but I am unsure of having to do two insert sites.

I like the idea of the Ping's remote, even though my son is older now. Being able to see data (did you bolus for that? What was your last BG?) without having to pin him down sounds like a time saver.

Thanks for input.

2. Traci

Traci Approved members

We loved our Cozmo and were sad at the thought of switching, so I planned to put it off for as long as possible. Then fate intervened and we wound up with a new house two doors down from a wonderful guy who happened to be an Omnipod rep! He wasn't the rep for our area, but was able to show us the product and give ds a tester. We had planned to switch at the end of our Cozmo's life or as late as we could, but we loved the Omnipod so much that we switched the very next week! They even had program to help Cozmo users make the change by offering a pdm for less than normal. So, that's our "switch" story.

The whole reason we chose Cozmo in the first place was because we liked it better than MM or Animas, so I felt like we'd be going with our second choice by going to one of them. Omnipod wasn't offered when we first looked at pumps. It's been wonderful for us!

Good luck in your decision!

3. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I'm not sure you can actually see that data on the ping remote.. I think all it does is bolus, for everything else you need to go to the pump.

We never had a cozmo.. I know several people that went from cozmo to MM.. I'm sure there are plenty that went to animas, or the pod as well. I'm sure some of those that switched will chime in.

4. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

You can see a logbook on the ping remote, bgs going back pretty far but for bolus, basal, etc history you need to look at the pump

5. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I still miss our Cozmo. I just had features none of the other pumps had. Like daily bolus patterns with real names like Monday etc.

6. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

you can see bolus records if their done through the remote, they won't show up on the remote if you bolus through the pump.

7. Stacey Nagel

Stacey Nagel Approved members

Jesse is still using his beloved Cozmo... out of warranty for 2 years now. IF - he had to replace it , we'd probably go with MM, because of the 300U resevoir. The animas only holds 200...
    BUT- He's ptayimg that the T slim will be out soon........

8. Andii

Andii Approved members

My daughter switched to MM two years ago. I had the sales reps for MM and Animas come to us and show her the pumps. I was leaning toward MM due to the larger reservoir and the possibility that we would want integrated CGM (which we got a few months later). She also preferred MM because she thought the menus were easier to navigate. She was not interested in the remote, which surprised me. I guess after 4 years of pumping without one, it wasn't that appealing. We've been happy with MM, but still miss the good ole Cozmo! Good luck!

9. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

I switched the the Minimed for the CGMS, which I now never use. I like it fine, but liked the Cozmo better. I miss a lot of features on the Cozmo, like site change reminders and the fact that you can view ALL history on the pump. Drives me insane that if I enter a glucose on the Minimed there's no way to view it if there was no bolus with it. I miss the quick-bolus button on my Cozmo being programmed by carbs instead of units. I do like the size and form factor of the Minimed better. I also like the way the bolus history is stored on the Minimed (click on it to see the details). I like being able to turn on my backlight from any screen on my Minimed.

10. Rcj176

Rcj176 Approved members

I switched off of the cozmo to the minimed. At the time they had a great deal going for a refurbished pump with a 2 year warranty. We were able to get the $500 trade in and a $250 credit each quarter for filling out a survey for 1 year.
    Elizabeth switched from the ping to the minimed. She is actually using my 722 pink. It was so hard for us to have 3 minimeds and her ping. Now that we are all on MMs it is much easier.

11. piratelight

piratelight Approved members

Hunter switched to MM from the Cozmo. We still miss the Cozmo. He preferred the MM over the Animas for the integrated CGM and less button pushing. If Animas ever gets it together with Dexcom he would switch because he dislikes the MM sensors. The Dexcom sensors were more comfortable for him.