- advertisement -

Movie Debate-Which One?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by hrermgr, Oct 15, 2009.

1. hrermgr

hrermgr Approved members

I have to day off tomorrow and thought I would take my 2 girls to a movie. T is 4 and E is 10, almost 11. I checked to see what was out and would hold the interest of both girls. But I'm having a hard time deciding. Which movie would you take your kids to?

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs or

Where the Wild Things Are

2. MissMadisonsMom

MissMadisonsMom Approved members

That's a tough choice. My kids have read both books and I think they would lean towards Meatballs, but the commercials of Wild Things look fantastic. Let us know which you choose - I may take my kids tomorrow too.

3. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

We LOVE the Meatball book but i heard horrible things about the movie.
    However I heard really good things about the Where the Wild things movie.
    Either way, enjoy!

4. hypercarmona

hypercarmona Approved members

My boys (7 and 2) both loved Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. It's different than the book, but is a good story in it's own right. We were able to see it in 3D and I was just blown away how cool it looked. And there are bits that are funny in an "Eww" way that got my boys giggling and several parts that were just plain hilarious. :D There are a few creepy parts, but they were mild enough that it didn't bother either of my scaredy cats.

We aren't planning on seeing Where the Wild Things Are anytime soon because the monsters freak out Will, they're big and a little too real looking, and Pat doesn't seem interested. I think it bothers him, too. It may be one that we later rent, because I'd like to see it.

5. Jacque471

Jacque471 Approved members

I am leaving work early to take Logan to his first movie ever. We are going to go see the double feature of Toy Story and Toy Story 2 in 3D. DH has promised him popcorn and candy so it could be interesting especially if I need to try and get a shot ready during the movie for some reason. I guess I will have to step outside to draw it up and then come back in and try to give it.

6. hrermgr

hrermgr Approved members

Thanks for your feedback. I am a bit concerned about T not liking the monsters in the Where the Wild Things are but we do read the book to her so I'm on th fence.

I thought about Toy Story as well but 10 yr old and I have seen both. While they are good, to me they are not so great that I want to see them at the theatre again. Just me... but your son will probably love the movies. Have fun!

7. Jacque471

Jacque471 Approved members

He has seen both movies literally hundreds of times LOL, but he hasn't been to the theater before so we told him we would take him to see it. And today is the last day (for 3D or for the movies? not sure) since they said it was only for 2 weeks. We are hoping DD can get us in free since she works, but not sure yet since technically they normally can't during the first 2 weeks or for special engagement movies.

I am sure he will have fun at first. I just hope it lasts through 2 movies and he can sit still (at least somewhat). At home he usually plays with toys etc during movies. This will be all about the movie (and eating popcorn of course)

8. hrermgr

hrermgr Approved members

I hope he can sit still! T has problems with sitting still a lot of the time:D so movies at the theatre can be challenging!

9. Rachel

Rachel Approved members

But have you seen Toy Story in 3D? ;-)

PM or call me if you want to meet me and W at the MOA for Toy Story 1 tomorrow.

I skimmed a review about Wild Things and I think they've added some back story that makes it a little more sophisticated ... I want to actually read the reviews before we decide to see it now.