- advertisement -

Move to Cincinnati - looking for endo recommendation

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ChocolateLover, May 17, 2013.

1. ChocolateLover

ChocolateLover Approved members

Hello all,

We are moving to Cincinnati and looking for an endocrinologist.
    My son will be a senior in high school next year and has had diabetes over 10 years. He has been on the Omnipod for 4+ years and has A1c's high 6s/low 7s.

I am hoping to get an endocrinologist he can use during his college years.
    He's thinking of being a Bearcat. :)

Thanks for your time,

Jen

2. jlh0920

jlh0920 Approved members

We have seen Dr. Dolan and Dr. Elder at Cincinnati Children's... really like both. Dr. Dolan has years of experience and is very sweet and good with kiddos. Michelle Hanson is our NP who does most of our day-to-day management, and she has been a life saver for us.

3. mocha

mocha Approved members

I've heard great things about Dr. Mike Heile, although I do not see him. The endo I see tends to deal more with older patients (like, old enough to be my grandparents), so while I like my endo, I'd probably go with someone more like Dr. Heile for a teen.

4. AJMom

AJMom Approved members

CD sees Dr. Nicholson at Dayton children's. Dr.Pfeiffer is good too. We live between Dayton and Cincinnati.

5. ChocolateLover

ChocolateLover Approved members

Thank you for your responses!

We are nervous and excited about move. There are a wealth of endo choices and your input really helps.

We already received recommendations for Dr. Mike Heile and we hope to get in with him.

Thank you all so much. I read the boards frequently but seldom post. This place is a lifesaver.

Hugs!
    Jen

6. bluedevils_fan

bluedevils_fan Approved members

We are in Middletown. We see Paul Breyer. He is based with Dayton Children's. Dayton Children's has a satellite office in Middletown next door to Atrium Medical Center. (937) 641-3487. We have found him easy to talk with and he is very open to pumping, cgms or mdi. We never felt pressured to go with any specific method.