- advertisement -

Mouth sores due to reaction tabs

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 1' started by SPICYSMOM, Jan 8, 2010.

1. SPICYSMOM

SPICYSMOM Approved members

Any one getting a lot of repeat canker sores or mouth sores on the gums and cheeks? How do you deal with them? Any good treatments?

My dentist thinks I am getting them because of sucking on the reaction tabs, and not rinsing all the tab crumbs out of my mouth after I eat them.

Also in the middle of the night when my dexcom goes off I roll over and grab a number of tablets, and eat them laying down.

I have alot of reactions, thus alot of glucose tabs. I buy the 50 tab bottles - 5 bottles at a time.

Thanks, Sheryl

2. Snowbound

Snowbound Approved members

For me it was orange juice. I used to get them when I was a kid and young adult but once I figured out that OJ was the culprit and stopped drinking it I stopped getting them.

I don't know what you do about the glucose tabs.

3. rickst29

rickst29 Approved members

If you're able to handle it, (not to sleepy or just plain confused)...

Then you might make a point of heading to the kitchen and getting a glass of water -- to use as a mouthwash. 10 or 15 seconds of rinsing might help a lot. (In addition to causing sores, those little tablet chunks do a fantastic job of rotting your teeth away. :mad:)

Switching to the Gels would probably solve most of the problem with mouth sores, but with your frequent use the switch would cost $$$$, and Gels would still leave your teeth under attack.

4. kiwiliz

kiwiliz Approved members

A little box of juice with a straw would help get the necessaries to the back of your mouth - and avoid your teeth. I had read that mouth ulcers can be healed by upping your vitamin b12 intake and I know someone who said that in the middle east they use pomegranate juice- just a dab on the ulcer. Worth a try.

5. SPICYSMOM

SPICYSMOM Approved members

Switched to twizlers

Each twizler is 26 g cho. I cut them in half - 13 cho. I can always pull another string or two off another piece. I am going to give these a try, plus it is easier on the wallet (if I can keep my husband out of them!)

Wish me luck.......