- advertisement -

Mother of the year coming my way. NOT.

Discussion in 'Parents of Teens' started by mmgirls, May 22, 2014.

1. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

So, started out late this am. My youngest just was so tired, actually got her dressed in clean cloths while half asleep! Then she needed more hair brushing that I thought at first glance.

Fast forward, get them all ready, jacket with hoods because it's crummy weather, and push them out the door.

Go to brush my teeth and change my cloths to get on my way. Looking in myself in the mirror while brushing my teeth, I realize, I didn't give them breakfast! Yet I combo blouses my oldest a 1/2 hr ago for a 40 carb breakfast! I spit out the toothpaste, run to the front door, and yell down to my girls that have yet to make it into the neighbors house. GIRLS, come back, You need BREAKFAST.

By the time they get back up to My house I have cereal weighed in solo cups with milk to go.

OMG that could have ended badly.

I am tired, done with taking care of all the kids needs from 6am to 6pm. And can not wait for my MIL to be back in the US and able to help me. I love her so much and miss her so much!!

2. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Sorry' did not realize I was in the parent of teen forum.
    Jeff feel fee to move me, or designee.

3. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

You are a great mother! At least you caught your mistake before your girls were gone for the day. An old friend of mine and I used to have a "Bad Mother of the Year" contest going. One of my "winning" moves was the time I ran out of milk and my daughter had Diet Pepsi over her cereal in the morning.

Sounds like you have a great MIL. (Mine have been nightmares, one much more so than the other!)

4. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

Trust me....if that's all it took to earn world's worst mom award, we would all have one. An honest mistake, done by a tired, stressed, overworked mom is hardly 'worst mom' material. I cringe to think about all the things my neighbors must have heard me yell to (at) my kids.......eek!

I don't even know you that well and I can already tell......you are a good mom! It shows loud and clear in every post you write. But I know the "bad mom guilt" all too well. Try not to beat yourself up, and I'll try to take my own advice. :)