- advertisement -

Mother arrested in daughter's death

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Ellen, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Margaret, I'm sorry you've had an awful experience. There are social workers out there who truly care about the well being of children who may be in need of rescue from horrific situations. I believe there are times one should cooperate - or at least get a lawyer to discuss what you should do.

2. margaret

margaret Approved members

Ellen, because of this retailatory action by the school district and the false allegations that did not even meet the criterior for abuse/neglect, I researched all laws pertaining to DCF and procedures. For instance, medical neglect requires an automatic medical team look at the child. In my case that never happened. I live in the State of Florida, where they lose children in the system or over medicate them. Let's face it Ellen, the system stinks!!!

Margaret

3. Momof4gr8kids

Momof4gr8kids Approved members

Did anyone go onto the forum, and read what has been written? I got a little over half way. The two parts of the family seem to be arguing, and insulting each other. They don't even seem concerned really that the baby died, just who's fault it is. It is really sad.

4. EmmasMom

EmmasMom Approved members

OK, after reading those articles I'm more than convinced that it was child abuse! That is so sad! That baby was born the same week Emma was dx'd.
    I don't understand how no one stopped what was happening. Why didn't the stupid people that are now reporting the abuse do something about it while she was still alive!!!!:mad: ARG!! It makes me sick to my stomach to think about what she must have been going through.

I've been thinking lately that I should become a foster parent, (when Emma's older), just to be available for diabetic children. There are so few people that could take on a small child with diabetes, even for a short time, but I could. Maybe someday I'll be able to make a difference for a child like this.:(

5. EmmasMom

EmmasMom Approved members

What forum Jamie?

6. Momof4gr8kids

One of these 2. If you scroll to the bottom of the page there are like 40 comments. It is really sad to read.

7. Momof4gr8kids

Amy, that is so sweet. I think you will make a good foster mom for D children. Like you said though, I wouldn't go into it until Emma is older.