- advertisement -

Most site changes in one day

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by TripleThreat, Sep 29, 2013.

1. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

Me
    Endo wants me using legs, pulled out 4 sites today.

Boys

S
    Site change this morning, site failed changed out.
    Went swimming forgot to tagaderm site new site.
    Wrestling with brothers there goes another one.

L
    Site change this morning, wrestling with brothers lost his site.
    Playing pump wars ( you don't want to know only a house with multiples)
    Another site gone

T
    Site change this morning, kitchen door knob, pump wars with brother

And they still have a few hours to go

2. wearingtaci

wearingtaci Approved members

we are still MDI,but I really,really want to know what pump wars are

3. TripleThreat

Ok don't let the kids on pumps read this.

You stand across from each other and swing your pumps from your hips and let them twist around each other the one on top wins

4. wearingtaci

wearingtaci Approved members

that sounds stinky. It doesn't hurt them when the tubing gets pulled. I guess I think of pump tubing as mini IV lines and those always hurt me to snag

5. TripleThreat

There are rules to it

Like only on day three when the site is weaker (which the turkeys didn't listen to today I actually came around the corner and they tried to run different directions with their pumps tangled)

No metal needle infusion sites

Never outside in public

Use hands or mouth to hold tubing depending on site location
    To start spinning then body

6. TripleThreat

Chalk up another change for T

7. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

We've never tried legs. I can imagine with a pod or a sensor but I've never been able to appreciate leg sites for a tubed pump.

8. Momontherun

Momontherun Approved members

My son likes to use his thigh but when he is in a hurry has many times pulled out his sight when putting on his pants. Pump wars sounds like an expensive game. You are a brave and strong person. Never a dull moment at your house.

9. TripleThreat

Totally not a fan of the thigh's but if I won't try new things the boys will never. I think they are enjoying it cause they know I hate using legs for sensors and sites but I promised a week

10. Lizzie's Mom

Lizzie's Mom Approved members

Pump wars.

[​IMG]

You're an awesome mom :)!

11. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

Leg sites work great for us in winter when long pants are on :) We'll start rotating them in next month. Our most troublesome is hips - too easy to pull out when she changes clothes or goes to the bathroom.

And I could totally see pump wars being fascinating to my son. Thank goodness he's tubeless! The advantage of a a boy and a girl is that they almost completely ignore one another much of the time so we have very few pump issues :)

I hope today's sites go better for you! Looked like more than 4 site changes for you!

12. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

I forced the leg issue with a pod this summer (the things one can do during a middle of the night pod change that is being slept through!:D), and now she's been trying it for the couple of week with the Mios. She didn't like the first one, so I told her just to do thighs with the pod, but she persisted and told me last night that she now thinks leg sites are the best. Ironically, our Mios troubles have ceased. I would have thought the bum would be best for sites, but apparently it isn't.:rolleyes:

She does prefer longer tubing in general, so that maybe be helping, too. I have no clue how she's dealing with underwear & tubing. I do know she mentioned it works best to remember to have the tubing pointing up.

13. shannong

shannong Approved members

I don't know why but we always seem to have problems with leg sites. They tend to pull out, get the cannula kinked, and just general absorption issues. Upper bum, and stomach work the best for us.

14. TripleThreat

I figured out last night after another pulled site to change the direction of the site so far so good now it points up.