- advertisement -

Mom saved 2 lives

Discussion in 'Kids' started by josmom, Jun 12, 2010.

1. josmom

josmom Approved members

OK, this is pretty awesome. My mom has saved 2 peoples lives. Both diabetics. One would have had a serious problem health wise, too. He was driving in my town. Then his sugar went low. Really low. My mom saw him pull into the post office. She drove by, niot knowing what was going on, but then turned around. She had to give this complete stranger glucagon. By the time the paramedics arrived(20 min. later) he was only 28. The 2nd time was at a softball game. A girl on my teams dad went low. He fell down after getting up get a emergency snack. My mom had 2 rub frosting in his mouth. Who would have thought, especially in this fairly large town, she would be there both times. Just wanted 2 share:p

2. Mikaila

Mikaila Approved members

thats so amazing i had kink of the same problem i was 29 yesterday it was almost the same

3. Rukio

Rukio Banned

:O My meter only reads I think to 40, anything lower it says "LO" I've had LO once, in my first year. Either way, that's great that she could help!

4. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Really? Most meters read to 20, including the one touch. The aviva and aviva nano both read down to 10, and I've been LO once (possibly twice, but I think that might have been false).

5. Rukio

Rukio Banned

I stated I wasn't sure xD I think it may be because I rarely get below 40, so my memory isn't the best.

6. Jollymon

Jollymon New Member

That she helped a total stranger demostrates what a good person she is, regardless of the details. And to help 2 makes her even better :)

7. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I know you weren't sure. That's part of the reason I expressed my surprise. I think it's important to know what your meter reads down and up to, so you can be sure to treat LOs and HIs appropriately.

8. josmom

josmom Approved members

yep. i went down 2 35 yesterday. i know someone who went down to 9!!! definetly passed out

9. Allyson94

Allyson94 Approved members

Thats great for her!!:D

10. Allyson94

Allyson94 Approved members

Thats crazy! I don't kno what it was because it took almost an hour for it to register on the paramedics meter but I'm pretty sure it was below 10 that time :eek: and yes i was passed out