- advertisement -

MM Sensor question

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ShelbysMom, Mar 14, 2011.

1. ShelbysMom

ShelbysMom Approved members

Posting here since it gets more traffic.

If we disconnect for a softball game (1 hour or 1.5hours) we will obviously get Lost Sensor. After getting lost sensor, does it require another calibration before it starts reading again or not.

We haven't been using the sensor for the past several weeks, but it seems like in the past (we've only had this system since mid-Jan) sometimes it needed another cal and sometimes it didn't. Just trying to figure out if there is a good way to manage this and get a reading shortly after reconnecting.

2. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Unless you are otherwise due for a calibration (i.e., it's been more than 12 hours since your last one), it will not require another calibration to get up and running again. :)

3. Lee

Lee Approved members

This is one thing that I wish Minimed would address. Honestly, Coco hates to wear the sensor during sports (when we need it most!) because it embarrasses her to have it screaming Lost Sensor from the sidelines!

4. HERMSman

HERMSman Approved members

During sports events set the pump to vibrate for alarms. Change back after the event.

5. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

I just turn the alarms to silence if I need to take the pump off. It's so easy--sensor, alarm silence, all alarms, 10 hrs (or whatever), then just turn them back on when I'm ready. I actually use the gardian at night and turn the revel alarm off everynight so I don't have to check under the blankets to clear an alarm.

OP--not only will it come right back on (unles you otherwise need a cal, like it's been 12 hrs since your last) but it will give you the last 45 minutes or so. And in fact if your kid comes near it every half hour or so, you might not even lose the sensor or any data.

6. ShelbysMom

ShelbysMom Approved members

Thanks for the replies. I guess the times that it didn't come back on we were just due for another calibration. Good to know that it should come right back.

7. Lee

Lee Approved members

Well, she doesn't remember to do that. :rolleyes: I wish that I had access to her pump at the time.