- advertisement -

MM Remote

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Beach bum, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Does anyone have a remote for their MM pump? Is it worth the investment?

I am trying to find out exactly what it does, but to me it looks like it can only bolus for a blood sugar. I would like it for the night time, no digging around for the pump, thus disrupting her sleep.

2. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

We had it years ago and I think it has not changed at all. Someone correct me if I am wrong , but it just has button and you set how much each button presses it gives you (for example, 1 press .5) . It then gives tones to let you know. So I think you basically bolus for units no matter if for BG or eating bolus.

3. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I'm not even sure it's compatible with the new pump, but you can only use it to "quick bolus." So you tell it how many units each button push is worth, and push the button that many times. No bolus wizard.

4. Beach bum

Got it. A complete waste of $150!
    Will continue to do my ninja dig under the blankets.

5. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

What infusion site do you use? My daughter preferred the Sure-Ts, but we had about 5 whose tubing completely pulled out of the connector piece. All of them happened at night in the bedding. She did Mios for a few days because she was so tired of highs and now is back to wearing the Pod and we're seeing post-pod change highs to the upper 200s for the first time ever for the last 3 changes. I feel bad for her; highs are miserable.

6. Beach bum

Tried the Sure-T's, she didn't care for them. We are now using Mios. She had been on Animas with the Inset, so these are the MM version. We've had no issues with Mios.

7. miss_behave

miss_behave Approved members

The new Minimed 640g pump has a full feature remote. So excited for it, hopefully getting one soon. Hope you guys don't have to wait too long for it in the States :)

8. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

It doesn't say that the pump has a full function remote?
    The pump has a bolus wizard, the blood glucose meter does not
    The blood glucose meter can tell the pump to deliver manual insulin doses (decided by the person using it) or pre-set doses - e.g. 2 or 4 units

Are there more reviews about a remote? I'm hoping NZ is following Aus quite quickly and it will be here although there is now only 1 Medtronic rep for the whole of NZ.

9. Joa

Joa Approved members

As to find in the descriptions the remote is integrated with the CareLink USB Meter an is only able to release a single bolus. That would mean that there are no new features of remote controlling with the 640G.

You can search the useres manual:

1 http://fccid.net/document.php?id=2399034#axzz3Q0GPlqTU
    2 http://fccid.net/document.php?id=2399035#axzz3Q0GPlqTU
    3 http://fccid.net/document.php?id=2399036#axzz3Q0GPlqTU
    4 http://fccid.net/document.php?id=2399037#axzz3Q0GPlqTU
    5 http://fccid.net/document.php?id=2399038#axzz3Q0GPlqTU

Regards
    Joa

10. cdninct

cdninct Approved members

Yes, that is what is does. For your purposes, though, that might work well. We got it for car-trip bolusing and it was useless--we couldn't hear the tones, and K couldn't count the buzzes, so we never knew how much we were bolusing him unless we crawled into the back seat with him. For use up close in a quiet room, I think it might work quite well. I don't know if it is worth the cost, but it would probably be helpful!

11. Beach bum

We decided to skip it. For middle of the night blousing, it just would be too much of a chance of making a mistake. At least blousing from the pump, we can see that large number.

Oh how I miss that Animas remote :(

12. andiej

andiej Approved members

There have been some great reviews about the new Medtronic pump in the UK but I am so shocked that they would bring out a whole new pump with exciting new technology and yet not bother with what i think is a basic essential....integrated blood glucose meter with bolus wizard all in a handset. Frankly i think it could cause trouble handing a basic remote with press a button for a certain number of units to a child.