- advertisement -

MM CGM and swimming

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by theamusingredhead, May 29, 2012.

1. theamusingredhead

theamusingredhead Approved members

I am sorry if this has been covered, I did search it and didn't come up with anything. We are pumping and Oliver disconnects while swimming. We test hourly. If he is not low I bolus about half of his basal rate. When we got the MM CGM we we told it was great for swimming, that we could sit with the pump and see the results (doesn't it have to be closer?). So far each time we go swimming the "tubing" on the sensor comes out. We are having a learning curve with this thing and going through a lot of sensors. Swimming can mess up his overnight numbers so I don't want to forgo the sensor. Is there a solution I am not thinking of?

Thank you !

Kariann

2. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

What tape are you using with it? We find Opsite Flexfix works really well.

3. mrcool

mrcool Approved members

We are using Hypafix tape (got it on Amazon) - we first tape the sensor down, then also over the transmitter. Works wonderful!

4. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

I know they make it sound and look like you don't need to tape it, but believe me, I have not met/heard of anyone who deosn't tape it down. Tape it down and it will stay for 6 days easy.

5. theamusingredhead

theamusingredhead Approved members

Thank you so much,

I will get these tapes. He is active. ;)

Thanks!

6. Snowbound

Snowbound Approved members

We use tegaderm and it works great. After I put on the sensor but before attaching the transmitter I cut a piece of tegaderm in half. One half goes over the wire and clear plastic (avoiding the prongs), the other half goes underneath where the transmitter will go covering the white strip of sensor tape (this cuts down on rashes).

After attaching the transmitter I put a second piece of tegaderm over the transmitter, partially overlapping the sensor. This holds everything in place very well.