- advertisement -

Missy the runaway dog

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by KeltonsMom, Jan 16, 2009.

1. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

Missy the dog we found last week was returned to her home, but she keeps digging out and coming over here LOL..She has come over here twice this morning and once I took her back and now her people are not home so she is inside playing with the dogs and hanging out with Ching Tao..

The first time she came over she barked at the front door, the second time she dug under the fence in the backyard to be with my dogs..

I have a feeling that this will be an everyday activity of her escaping out of her yard and coming over here..I just do not know what will happen on the weekends we are not here..

2. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

Ask her owners if you can have her or something.:D:D

3. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Ask for joint custody:D

It's a sign Teddi...you know she belongs with you and not with them...she knows it...we all know it....it's fate!!:D

4. Boo

Boo Approved members

Is she in heat?!

5. Charliesmom

Charliesmom Approved members

jeeze, why would the owners leave an escape artist unsupervised in the yard and leave the house? At least she goes to your house and is safe.

6. KeltonsMom

A conversation came up when they came over to give me a thank you card and some cupcakes that her husband was offered a job in DC, if they make that move they would not be able to take her with them. I then offered that if they do move that I would be more than willing to give Missy a good home.

She told me she would keep that in mind and let me know if they were going to move..

7. KeltonsMom

No, she was spayed when she was 2 after a litter of puppies..

8. KeltonsMom

Before I knew where she lived and when we found her, she would escape out of my back yard, BUT she would not leave the property, she would sniff around and come to the front door and bark to come inside..

9. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

You just moved to where you live now right?
    Did the place belong to Lilly's former owner (sorry, but Missy just doesn't fit her:p)?

10. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

How sweet, she misses you and your family. I would think that since she went missing once they would do a better job of keeping her in the yard.

Is she still listening to you? You must have the better dog food.

11. KeltonsMom

I talked to her owner and she will call her husband and her brother and tell them what is going on and see if they mind her giving Missy to us. Missy is making it loud and clear where she wants to live and her owner is now listening to her.

Missy NEEDS company and other dogs to play with, before her original owner died she had other dogs to play with, now she doesn't..

Missy was in the house this time and broke through a screen window :eek:

12. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

I hope they decide to give her to you.

13. KeltonsMom

Her former owner lived in a different town about 80 miles away.

14. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

I don't think she could make herself any clearer since she is breaking through screens to get to you. That is very sweet.

15. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

maybe you should start charging the owners for 'doggy daycare' each day.. return her with a bill:D

16. TEXSONMOM

TEXSONMOM Approved members

How old is she?

17. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

That is one determined pooch. :) Sounds like you'll be getting a permanent addition to your house pretty soon.

18. KeltonsMom

According to the Vet, Missy is between 3-5 years old..Missy LOVES my dogs and even bonded with Ching Tao..This morning when Missy was inside Ching Tao went up to her and bumped her with his head..The other cats did not hiss at her and just walked past her without getting all fluffy..So, if she is able to live with us then she will get along just fine with the animals that we have..

19. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

Honestly, who here is surprised, that this dog is practically killing herself to get back to Teddi's house?????

I really hope the "owners" takes her seriously and lets her live with ya'll.

20. KeltonsMom

I treat my animals very well and they are a part of the family, we only had Missy for 5 days, I would not think that 5 days was enough time to get that attached to us..When we left our dogs at a friend's house when we had to fly to Florida for my dad's funeral our dogs did not bond with the guy who kept them. They were so happy to see us when we picked them up and they were there for 6 days..