- advertisement -

mio infusion set

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sugarmummy, Sep 28, 2010.

1. sugarmummy

sugarmummy Approved members

Anyone tried the new mio infusion set from medtronic?

2. kyles_mom

kyles_mom Approved members

We did. Kyle said it hurt more than the quick sets though :( I liked them because they come with their own inserter which would be one less thing to drag along. I called minimed and told them to switch us back to the quicksets. Luckily our insurance had just changed us to 2 month supply instead of 4 so we only got 2 boxes. I'm going to send a cpl to school, keep a cpl in his D bag and save the rest for emergencies. Of course this was just our experience so yours might be very different :cwds:

3. tbcarrick

tbcarrick Approved members

Brandon has had the mio for about 2 months.He loves them because
    he doesnt have to worry about carrying the serter with him.He also
    likes the longer tubing.:)

4. nikichickee

nikichickee Approved members

We started with them so it's all we've ever known but have no complaints. :) DH refers to them as "the easy button"when explaining how it works to friends and family

5. willie's mom

willie's mom Approved members

We switched from Sure-Ts and Will loves them. They stick so much better and he says that they hurt less.

6. NeurosurgeryNP

NeurosurgeryNP Approved members

I like them. However, they don't come in he 43" tubing so I use them for back up where I might not have a serter with me. I prefer the quick sets and sils just because of the longer tubing.

7. Tori's Mom

Tori's Mom Approved members

We just switched to them from sure-ts about 1 1/2 months ago. She started by using some quick sets/some Mios but now she always asks for the mios. She likes the "pink" color and the fact it is all one piece. She thinks it will be the easiest one for her to learn to put in herself.

8. sarahconnormom

sarahconnormom Approved members

We switched to Mios about 4 months ago and we love them. Connor says they hurt way less than the Quick-sets when we insert them. I love the all-in-one design so I don't have to carry a separate inserter everywhere with us. We have boxes of Quick-sets that are unopened because Connor refuses to use them now that he has tried the Mios.

9. sugarmummy

sugarmummy Approved members

Thanks tey again to all your responses...find it invaluable. Sounds like they are worth a go. keira is obsessed with pink, so think that willo definately be a selling point!:)

10. jules12

jules12 Approved members

With our last order, I just got 1 box of mios and 3 boxes of quicksets so we could try them.

11. piratelight

piratelight Approved members

We like them. Hunter switched as soon as they were available. He didn't like the quicksets at all.

12. hrermgr

hrermgr Approved members

Both T and DH are using Mios and both have said they hurt less than the quicksets on insertion. I like that the site is smaller and it's an all-in-one system. And we found out a box of Mios cost us less than a box of quicksets. Good all around...