- advertisement -

Minimed

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kyles_mom, Sep 20, 2009.

1. kyles_mom

kyles_mom Approved members

Has anyone else been experiencing bad customer service lately? I know they are moving part of their operation from california to texas and they had the whole lot 8 quickset recall but lately it's been redicilous. I'm currently on hold (35 min expected wait time? really?) because Kyles pump won't stay lit up....as in when I push a button it flashes on the screen but as soon as I let go it disappears from the display. We had this problem before and it was just a static problem (supposedly) and I took out the battery and left it out for half an hour and it went away. Tonight no such luck : ( While typing this I did get someone on the phone and it looks like it's a pump gone bad and we are on to shots for the next few days....can't have the new one till Tuesday grrrrr. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing problems with them.

Also, while trying to get our 2nd shipment of supplies I've been waiting a little over a month. The process is still new to me but apparently (as I've since learned of course after the fact) that they need approval from the insurance company (Blue Cross) each time before they send a shipment. I'm not exactly sure why it has taken a month to get the approval, thank goodness I had enough supplies. Of course we are getting low and it's starting to become more urgent but they are finally on the way. It's not like we don't have enough to deal with w/o these kinds of issues too :confused:

Sorry just needed to vent and if anyone can shed some light it's much appreciated :)

2. RomeoEcho

RomeoEcho Approved members

I have had a lot of problems with customer service, starting before the recall. I have had great luck with their pump, but their customer service is horrible. I finally called my local rep about the problem (not getting my questions answered, taking to long to get insurance approval after I already had a letter of approval in hand, shipping something to the wrong address without confirmation after I told them that I would be moving and traveling out of the country for an extended period of time so please call to confirm before shipping.) When I called the rep, he said that there was nothing he could do to remedy past mistakes (I was asking for a warranty extension after they told me that even though I did not receive my transmitter until four months after shipping and I didn't open it before discussing the problem with them, which is hard to do with hour wait times, my warranty would expire in a few weeks) and he tried to justify the problems because they are understaffed and overworked because they have too large of a patient load for their staff. I asked why not hire more people, money. He said it should "be back to normal" in an unknown and unpredicted time period after the recall fallout is over. I guess part of the problem is that a lot of people are calling for non-urgent issues which is tying up the phone line for more important ones. Sadly, I was unhappy with them before the recall so we'll see if it gets better.

3. MLH

MLH Approved members

I agree. We have been using the Minimed pump for 2 1/2 years. At the beginning I would call and never have to wait to talk to someone. The wait time has become longer and longer as time has gone on. I had to call Friday and waited 20 minutes to speak with someone regarding an order. It has been very frustrating.

4. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

I was disappointed I couldn't discuss replacement lot 8 infusion sets with anyone except Monday - Friday during regular business hours. The weekend people say they don't have access to that information.

5. sweetkid4

sweetkid4 Approved members

My orders have been messed up or completely lost in the system. They have been great about correcting their mistakes, but enough is enough.

6. candise

candise Approved members

Sorry about you frustration. I have had amazing customer service. My husband got laid off end of August - so I called at the beginning of August for my 3 month order- even with the shortage I had a complete 3 month order before the end off the month.- so insurane would pay. I have had alot of bad sets lately and I get replacements in 2 days. If it is not an urgent need, I call at night after my kids are in bed and hardly wait.

7. kyles_mom

kyles_mom Approved members

Thanks for all the responses.....it was late and I just needed to vent. I don't like to complain, just frustrated that the last few times I've called the wait time has been no less than 30 mins...and last night it was an emergency and even the technical line had a wait time of 30 mins and this was 11 pm pst. I just hope it gets better sooner rather than later.....

8. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

I'd say that since the recall happened the service has gotten a bit off. They are still very nice and always fix the problem but I had to call a couple times to check on Lot 8 replacements (the first 2 boxes came quickly....3rd, not so much). And once when I called to check on his auto refill for his regular order she said it was set to autofill something like every 5 mos! Even she realized that seemed off and fixed it.

I was set to call them again on Fri b/c that order hadn't come yet but I got a UPS email that night and it's on the way.

Now, if I could only get Alex to send back his Lot 8 boxes from school...........:rolleyes:

9. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I've had no problems with mm service lately.. getting our replacement quicksets on time and as promised.. sometimes you get a ding bat that answers the phone but most of the time there is not problem.. if there is, they fix it quickly.. maybe the wait times are caused by layoffs?

10. Logansmom

Logansmom Approved members

I agree. They really stink the past couple of months. Long hold times, frustrated reps, supply orders taking too long.

11. Toni

Toni Banned

Has MM laid off staff? If they laid a lot of people off before their move, the staff left behind may be overburdened (and resentful). We do have to wait 15 minutes to a half hour to get pump support on the line, but have never had a problem with customer service. We don't use the Quicksets so did not have to wait for those.....

12. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

I had a good experience this morning. Called at 10am and only had to wait on hold 4 or 5 minutes. Everything resolved. Happy.