- advertisement -

Minimed users - How to hear alarms at night?

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by Mike&Dans.Mom, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Mike&Dans.Mom

Mike&Dans.Mom Approved members

Any guardian users - how do you hear the alarms at night?

Navigator was loud - these are not.

Do your kids keep the unit on them or on the dresser?

2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

The guardian will vibrate if an alarm goes unanwered.. it makes a loud noise on her dresser.. put it next to,or on something that will make a noise when it vibrates.. OR you can use a baby monitor..

3. Diana

Diana Approved members

First, we always have the alarms set on vibrate because we can't hear the beeps even when we are awake. At night, we started off putting the receiver in a metal mixing bowl with his meter and lancet. All that stuff vibrating around would generally wake me, but not always. If not the siren eventually would.

But, we would get lots of weak signals. So, now I turn the metal mixing bowl upside down and put the receiver on top of it. This has really worked! It is so loud it almost always wakes me on the first vibrate, and we seldom get the weak signals any more.

4. Mike&Dans.Mom

Sounds like its worth a try!

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

We use a baby monitor, but I'm guessing that at their ages, your boys wouldn't be too excited about that. ;)

Diana's suggestion sounds pretty good. I'll have to keep that in mind.

6. Mike&Dans.Mom

:D:D We put the guardian on an upside down cake pan - hahahah - it scared the heck out of us - it worked!!

Dan had one continuous low from 12:30 to 3:30:confused: the thing drove him crazy!! I was just glad it worked:D