- advertisement -

MiniMed Pump Holster Broke...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lee, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Lee

Lee Approved members

Again! And this one was only 3 days old! This is the 7th pump holster that they have replaced for us in the last year! What is the deal with them? Does anyone else here use them?

She won't use packs that go around her waist and only likes the ones that clip to the waistband of her pants. It isn't like she is that rough on them - you would think it could survive a bump or two here and there - but the plastic connection ALWAYS breaks!

Even though Minimed is very nice and ALWAYS overnights us a new one without argument, I am starting to get frustrated!

2. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

We don't use it- sorry but it sounds frustrating:(. Just an idea have you thought of a cell phone holder? Probably a little more sturdy?!

3. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

We used the pump clips on the old Minimed 508. We had several break. I always carried a spare on vacation

4. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

Tyler uses the holster too....at his appointment a few weeks ago, I requested a new one because his feels "loose" - I keep thinking that the clip part is going to break off. It hasn't yet, but I wanted another back up holster because that's the only way he will wear his pump in public.

5. KitKat

KitKat Approved members

We had the same problem because our son is so active....so we now use the MM athletic holder. It is NOT a pump pack it is a special smaller clip and we LOVE IT!!! He has worn the same one now 9 months and it has yet to break. LOVE IT!!!

6. pdxmom

pdxmom Approved members

Ours never last either. We mainly use pump packs, but occasionally if a pump pack is in the wash or on it's last leg, we'll go with the MM clip. They are not very sturdy for us either and after the last one that broke I wont even bother getting a new one. I second the idea of a cell phone holder. Definitely more durable!

Debbie

7. adamsmom

adamsmom Approved members

We have had the same one since Adam started pumping 3 years ago, haven't had any issues. But after reading these posts, I'm a little nervous it may break!!:p

8. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I had issues with the holster clip breaking. One mm person told me they only replace the clip if you've bought it in the last 6 months and thats only as a courteousy. So I started using the other mm clip. It hasn't broken (knock on wood).

9. diabeticmonkey

diabeticmonkey Approved members

I used a holster until it broke but I found cell phone cases to work bettter. I use this one

10. miss_behave

miss_behave Approved members

I never liked the holster, I found it too bulky. Have you tried the regular belt clip? I love it, it is so low profile. I've never had one break *touch wood*

11. Lee

Lee Approved members

I am going to check out the sports clip - we used the belt clip for a bit, but she liked the holster better.

I guess I will buy her a different style! Although, as long as minimed is willing to send me out replacements, part of me doesn't want to spend the $!

12. KitKat

KitKat Approved members

Lee they sent us the athletic clip without charge. I told them what was happening and they apologized. Hunter really likes...he wears it during soccer games, basketball practice and running. So far so good.....it doesn't spin like the holster but my son doesn't care. Good luck!!

13. jules12

jules12 Approved members

My son has been wanting to try a clip - did this come in the box or it is something you have to special order typically? Thanks for sharing!

14. KarenRI

KarenRI Approved members

You're very lucky that they are replacing them for you. We've been through many holster clips, and within 3 months, they get loose and spin in the wind.

I've tried to get them replaced and MM won't do it.

I did learn through a seminar I went to (a MM rep was there and I asked about the clips), that the clips are refurbished. :rolleyes:

I love MM, but this is my one and only problem with them.

We got so tired of replacing them, that my son squirted superglue around the part that spins freely to keep it still and just wears it without having the ability to turn it.

15. Lee

Lee Approved members

I would call and complain! They have never giving me a problem - and have replaced 7!

16. Andrelaplume

Andrelaplume Approved members

OUrs is sevral years old and still ok...she swiches between it and assorted little zipper type pouches though..a friend makes them. I liken it to a cell phone case....its not going to last forever.

17. Lee

Lee Approved members

Nope - not going to last forever, but it dang well better last for longer then 3 days!

18. KitKat

KitKat Approved members

I don't remember.

Paradigm Pump Clip
    A slim-profile clip designed to hold your Paradigm
    pump on your waistband or belt. Spring-activated
    for easy on, easy off. Charcoal.
    Paradigm 5 series MMT-631 $12.00
    Paradigm 7 series MMT-640 $12.00

I wish I could attach the picture but it won't let me.

19. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

That is one I use, and I love it. I did ruin two in the last month and a half. My dog, Riley, made the first one his chew toy while I was at the gym(I use a spibelt when working out), and I still don't know how I broke the second one. I did something and the back clip snapped in half.

Still love the clip though.