- advertisement -

Minimed Called...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lee, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Lee

Lee Approved members

And left me a message of all the supplies I need to pack preparedness for the coming hurricane. I have to say, I appreciated it since I forgot an item or two.

For those of us on the East coast - get your D supplies ready! Oh, and stay safe!

2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

wow.. I didn't get a call from MM.. Its probably because I don't buy our supplies directly from MM.

Hmm.. wondering if I should pack some stuff up.. I was planning on leaving it all where it is.. we're on the side of mountain.. we do have a stream that goes through our driveway and in front of the house that did flood once.. I'll get stuff together tomorrow, just in case.

3. Lee

Lee Approved members

I am mostly worried about trees falling. The ground is so wet right now after a few days of rain, add more rain and high wind...well, bye bye big pine trees in my back yard.

4. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Matt's grandmother said today that she was glad she got rid of the butternut tree that wasn't doing very well..

Trees are my worry too.. hopefully it won't be as bad as they think. Stay safe!

5. PixieStix

PixieStix Approved members

In 2005 we evacuated for Hurricane Katrina from Mississippi coast. Expected to be back in a few days since it was projected for FL, brought about a week's worth of supplies. Seven weeks later finally got to go home again! Medtronic rep in Texas very helpful in getting emergency supplies--big disaster preparedness lesson learned for both us & I bet MM too, always think about what could have happened. Will be praying for everyone & hope the storm loses some power before landfall.

6. RacerWife7

RacerWife7 Approved members

I didn't get a call from MM. I'm in Northern NJ (in the middle of that flat/angled border between NJ and NY). I'm HOPING we're far enough inland that we will be spared all but some wind and a lot of rain. But, as Lee said, there is still the possibility of trees falling since the ground is already wet. And we have a fully-treed lot. Saturday I am going to put a bag together with everything we need - just in case.

My family business - where I work - is in a low-lying area and it floods easily there. While the building, itself, sits on higher ground, the surrounding roadways can get heavily flooded in every direction approaching the business. So... I'm hoping for a day off on Monday. LOL!!! We shall see.

7. Andii

Andii Approved members

I didn't get a a call either and I am in NC? Fortunately not on the coast, but we are expecting rain and wind. And of course there was a problem with our Novolog prescription and the pharmacy is contacting the doctor's office. Hoping it gets straightened out today.... Good luck to all in the path of the storm.

8. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

I bought milk and bread..and stocked up on beer....

I'm not very concerned.

9. selketine

selketine Approved members

I bought some batteries and got his novolog script refilled. I don't expect in the Washington, DC area to see the worst of it but we could always get some heavy rain and wind enough to knock down the trees and make a mess. Flooding isn't a concern where I live fortunately.

Some of the models are tracking a bit more back to the west this morning so everyone from SC up to Maine should be keeping an eye on it

10. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

it's supposed to pass right over us in MA as a cat 1.

11. selketine

selketine Approved members

Yeah, right now you are in the bullseye for seeing some heavy weather. We have a tropical storm warning with expected 30-45 mph winds and 3-4 inches of rain.

The models are still shifting so 50--100 miles east or west will make a lot of difference to some people. The size of the storm is huge too.

I have a lot of knitting and sewing I wouldn't mind doing. The kids will go nuts though if the power goes out - no video games - LOL!

12. RacerWife7

RacerWife7 Approved members

They DID call me! They left a message on my home phone while I was at work today. Nice to know that they're on top of these things. :)