- advertisement -

MiniLink tester (MMT-7706) ?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by schnoodle, Dec 10, 2013.

1. schnoodle

schnoodle Approved members

What does the MiniLink tester (MMT-7706) do ?

2. Mish

Mish Approved members

It's meant to test the transmitter. It's used as a [STRIKE]means to make you jump through hoops [/STRIKE]diagnostic piece of equipment during phone calls when medtronic doesn't believe that your device is failing...

3. schnoodle

schnoodle Approved members

thank's for your help :)

4. wearingtaci

wearingtaci Approved members

That's hilarious

5. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

It's not when you're dealing with a dud transmitter that they're insisting isn't bad because the little blue device says it works.

We went through 6 weeks of lost signals because of a dud transmitter while I endured lecture after lecture about not taping properly and the sensor wire wicking in and out of the interstatial fluid. Amazingly enough, a new transmitter solved all the problems, despite the help line man insisting it was my tape job.

6. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Oh, hello! Been there, done that. Because after using the system for 3 years, and not having any of those problems before we got a new transmitter, the problem was OBVIOUSLY that I had completely forgotten how to tape the transmitter. :rolleyes:

I do not miss those phone calls one bit.

7. Mish

Mish Approved members

well, they do it with the pumps too (and we still use the MM pump, so I just have to endure) but we had a replacement pump that kept throwing off "no delivery" alarms. We've been pumping with MM since 2010, pumping in general since 2007, always using the same sites, and we've probably had one no-delivery in that entire time. That is, until we got a new pump, and it alarmed something like 6 times in 4 weeks. (or something crazy like that). They refused to believe it was the pump. It's "never a pump issue, it's a site issue" they kept saying. Somehow in one month I had completely forgotten how to insert a site.

Strange, huh? I finally got them to send a new pump and wouldn't you know, no more alarms... curious. LOL

8. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

Me neither. My daughter asked me the other day, "Mom, you're not going to force me to go back to Medtronic's CGM just for that low glucose suspend, are you?" While we had good success with MM CGM apart from the bad transmitter, going back would be.....unpleasant. My daughter says Dexcom is "more polite". I think she's talking about both the quiet receiver (not audible alarms for BG or stopping readings) and the customer service.

When I called to order sensors recently, Dexcom called me back to tell me they were only going to send me 1 box now rather than the 3 I'd requested because if they sent one, they'd be able to send another 3 boxes at the end of the month so I would end up with an additional box paid while we've met our OOP. That's customer service!

9. sincity2003

sincity2003 Approved members

OMGosh yes to Dexcom customer service. I called yesterday to re-order and he said why don't we submit this for 3 boxes before the year ends so you don't have to pay full price the first of the year?

10. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

Same here. Had a transmitter that obviously wasn't working, but passed all of their tests. They kept replacing sensors but wouldn't replace the transmitter. How much can those things really cost to replace?

The current Omnipod thread about failed pods makes me appreciate how problem free overall my Paradigm has been.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  11. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

We had a transmitter years ago that 'passed the test' with that blue thing mentioned above. A rep let me borrow theirs and I proved it was the transmitter and not us. Finally then they sent me a new one

12. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

True. Their sensors/transmitters were fussy, but our MM pumps (first a 522 and then a Revel, (and our Guardian too - we really beat the hell out of that thing)) took a licking and kept on ticking. They were built like tanks.