- advertisement -

Middle School Class Rings???

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by bgallini, Oct 28, 2009.

1. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

My 12 yo brought home a brochure about school rings! LOL Sure enough they are class rings, similar to the high school rings. They seem to be less expensive, starting at $85 and going up to maybe $100. But, really....who wants to remember middle school??? LOL

2. Jacque471

Jacque471 Approved members

LOL, my daughter got a necklace instead of a class ring last year. I told her if she bought the ring I would pay her back (somehow) but she opted to skip it. The reality is mine is in a box somewhere and hasn't been worn since my senior year probably so I think she made a wise choice.

As for middle school, I think most people try to forget that even more than they do high school. I know middle school was miserable for my daughter. I moved around alot when I was that age, so it was no picnic for me either.

3. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

That's crazy. Sorry, but I'll have to put it up there with Kindergarten graduation...hello, you just started school, now you're graduating already?

4. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

I have never heard of that. They will try and sell us parents anything now a days.

5. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

that is the craziest thing ever!

6. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

Fortunately, Neal has no interest in one. But you know there are going to be some kids begging for them and some parents who just think it's the coolest thing. Ugh. Why are people wasting money on stuff like this?????

7. Mom of 3 BOYS

Mom of 3 BOYS Approved members

at my kids school the 8th grade class gets a prom and a middle school ring... i think that is the weirdest thing ever... just another excuse to make you spend more money.

the worst part is that parents go with it, and then the ones that don't are the cheap ones that don't want to make their kids happy...

whatever happened to leaving all that stuff for seniors (12th grade)?

8. BozziesMom

BozziesMom Approved members

I still have nightmares about middle school. lol... it's the LAST thing I want to remember... just like all these extra graduations they've added over the years (remember when you only graduated when you were actually DONE?) Money-making scheme. psh.