- advertisement -

Met a mom of a newly dx' girl today :(

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Mody_Jess_Pony, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

Today I met another girl at university who shares the same first name as me and last name initial. I was trying to figure out why a package I had never sent for had turned up/I wasn't expecting, when we figured it up. Her last name is similar to mine which had caused the mix up.

She's a university student here and she has a two year old daughter, I can't imagine how hard it already is for her, but her little girl had just been diagnosed with T1, in January. I wish more and more there was something more I could have done, but she seemed upset enough already, especially since all everyone seems to be doing is offering her more help then she could handle and she told me how overwhelmed she was. I'm glad I met her at least, but it made me sad. I talked to her briefly and she's dropping out and heading home. In fact she was sending the little girl home before her to her parents. It just broke my heart in pieces. I gave her my number, but I doubt she'll contact me, I just wish there was something I could do more, but I know I did all I could.

2. Bigbluefrog

Bigbluefrog Approved members

I would think meeting a young adult with type 1 diabetes would give her some assurance that her little girl too may have a good life and someday go to college.

I bet you helped more than you realized.

3. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

I'm a believer that things like this happen for a reason. Same or very close name and you share a D connection??
    Look her up, send a nice letter and offer to babysit or take her 2 year old for a few hours so she can study.
    This woman really doesn't know yet what a great resource she just ran into;)