- advertisement -

Medtronic reservoir recall

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Michelle'sMom, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

2. Helenmomofsporty13yearold

Helenmomofsporty13yearold Approved members

Thanks for posting this. I just called them as I have a lot that was affected. They are sending me a new box.

3. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Approved members

Thank you for posting this information!

4. Williamsville mommy

Williamsville mommy Approved members

I had 4 boxes. And was just about to open one of the boxes to use. Thanks for posting

5. Ti'sMom

Ti'sMom Approved members

Just an fyi, put my info in online on Saturday, got a package of reservoirs today. I'm owed 26 but they only sent 10. The rest are on back order. Luckily I have others to use. If anyone is in a bind I can lend you some.

6. calngavinsmom

calngavinsmom Approved members

We had huge issues because of this. We had some bad reservoirs and were battling high sugars for days.....we called our diabetes clinic, adjusted basels, changed sites multiple times.....ugh. It sucked.

We finally changed EVERYTHING. Site, tubing, reservoir, insulin, battery. and things got better. We noticed tho, the reservoir was near empty (after just being filled) and had lots of air in it. The cannula also was full of blood.

We are just new to pumping (started at the end of February) and the bad reservoirs were in our very first automatic reorder from Medtronic.....talk about a bad first impression.

I hope everyone out there has remained safe and healthy despite this recall.

Take care!
    Tara

7. Ti'sMom

Ti'sMom Approved members

We had the same issues the last couple weeks. My son's a1c went up from 7.5 to 8.3. I'm thinking this was the cause. Very frustrating! Now that we've changed out the reservoirs we've been fighting lows! Ugh!

8. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

Did anyone do the online form? I filled it out, pressed submit and nothing happened. Now I'm not sure it went through. Is it supposed to do something (like say, "your form was submitted")?

I am not in any hurry to get replacement reservoirs, luckily.