- advertisement -

Medtronic CGM - Best Sites??

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MomofSweetOne, Oct 9, 2011.

1. zuzinka

zuzinka Approved members

I had to come back to this post and update.
    For the last 2 sensors (Enlite) I have done the insertion on the upper leg and have to say that the sensor is SUPERB: The first one lasted 10 days with not one single false low. Now the second one is 6th day and I am going to restart it to see how long more it will go for. But really very accurate, can depend on it almost 90% and NO FALSE LAW in the night. Yupiiiiiiiiiiiii.
    So at the end they are not bad :)). Maybe its the site problem.

2. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Awesome!! Next time I can get some Enlites (using Sof-Sensors right now) I will be trying the upper leg. How high up do you mean? And do you do front of the leg, or the side?

3. Malak

Malak Approved members

That is great, will give a try.

4. zuzinka

zuzinka Approved members

In the front, where you normally should place pump insertion. Now we have small problem, because my DD used till now only legs for the pump and will not change to any other location:(( And back side somehow did not worked the pest for pump.
    But we will solve this somehow, most important is that I hope I solved the problem with sensors.

5. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Yeah, backside doesn't work well for me either (for the pump) - insulin absorption seems really unpredictable there. In general I use my abdomen for pump sites and put the CGMS anywhere else, but I guess tummy sites might be harder with a little one.

6. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

We tried a Sof-sensor on my daughter's thigh, but we had to pull it the next morning because she was in so much pain. We must've hit muscle; the sensor was bent.:( We saw the endo the next day, and she felt my daughter just doesn't have enough fat to work there yet. So, we've gone back to the behind but are clipping the pump to the back of her pjs, and night time lost sensor alerts have diminished.

7. zuzinka

zuzinka Approved members

Ok if I am getting this right, do you mean that because the pump is closer to the sensor it works? Did you also had false lows in the night? because we never had problems with sensor lost. And do you use Enlite? the new sensor?
    And you might have unfortunately hit the wrong spot, because my DD is 5 and very skinny as well.

8. JackyH

JackyH Approved members

We are using the inside of his thigh where it's a bit fleshy - he won't entertain the idea of the front of his thigh - there is no fat there. We have placed it anywhere from about an inch and a half above the knee. It's really hard to put any pressure on it whether he is sleeping on his back or his tummy. We were getting lost sensors from the pump being too far away from the sensor until I bought an arm pump band which we now wrap around his thigh at night. It's actually much more convenient to get at than it was when around his waist and he says it's more comfortable. So far, four weeks in, not a single false low. It's also been just as accurate as the tummy sites. We are still using sof-sensors (waiting patiently for the Enlite:cool:).

9. Lize

Lize Approved members

Our experience as well. And we just rotate legs for sensors and quick sets. That's about all we can do. My DD hates the quicksets in any other place than the front upper leg.

10. NeurosurgeryNP

NeurosurgeryNP Approved members

Do the Enlite sebsors have to be used with the Veo, or are the compatable with the 522, 523, etc.

11. zuzinka

zuzinka Approved members

I guess with all medtronic pumps

12. emm142

emm142 Approved members

They use the same transmitter as the Sof-Sensors, so are compatible with X22 and (I'm assuming; I've never tried) X23.

13. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

My understanding is that they're compatible with x22 and x23 pumps, but that they cannot be marketed for use with them because of the 3 day/6 day wear issue. Stupid bureaucracy.

14. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

I asked our rep about it when we bought the Revel. He reminded me that insurance will replace the Guardian after a year, so if we upgrade the CGM and have the separate monitor, the Enlite will work with it...and also with the Revel 723. The hoops we jump through....:cool: