- advertisement -

"medtronic cares" for deltec users

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by kateuhl, May 20, 2009.

1. kateuhl

kateuhl New Member

My son has been using a Deltec Cozmo pump with the cozmonitor. He is going to college in the fall and we are looking into getting a cgms specifically to address night time lows. I spoke with a medtronic rep today who said that with Deltec discontinuing the cozmo pump, they are willing to trade out the cozmo for their pump, giving the same warranty time you would have had with the cozmo, at basically no cost. I had thought it would be nice to be able to get a cgms that "talks" to the pump, so if my son trades out his cozmo for a mm, he would be able to get a mm cgms. Is this "talking to the pump" feature very beneficial or would we be better off looking at specific cgms features regardless of whether it talks to a pump or not? Any input would be appreciated.

2. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I was told by Minimed that they were only giving a two year warranty. The Cozmo/Animas trade in program gave us our three years left on the Cozmo.
    The CGM is a personal opinion. Some like it separate to it is easy to hear on the nightstand at night. Older kids may perfer not to carry two devices.
    Animas has a intergrated pump with Dexcom that is coming out end of this year or spring of 2010.
    Traded in our Cozmo for the Animas because we liked the ease of wear of the Dexcom for sports. We had the Navigator 8/01/08 till 05/09. We will be able to trade up to the new released pump thru their upgrade program.
    I would get a free trial on different CGMs and see what work for you. You could also do that for pumps.

3. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

We chose the MM specifically for the integration. I just couldn't ask my little guy to carry two devices. There is also a pretty big benefit having your reports have both the pump and the CGMS data. The BG readings don't mean much if you don't know when you ate or bolused or when you ran a temp basal.

We love it, and can't imagine life without it.